Sign in to follow this  
brewmaster

How to add other sound effects to Draft Buddy?

I'd like to add some additional sound effects to Draft Buddy and perhaps delete some of the ones that are already there. In the past I've just added them to the sounds folder in my compiler directory and opened them in another media player application, but that means having more apps running/extra steps and I'd really like to have them accessible with just one click from within Buddy. I'm not an Excel guru, so I'm not sure how easy/difficult this is to do. Has anyone done this or know how to do it. Thanks.

Also, I've got several wav files (sports anthem clips, movie clips) that I'd be happy to upload somewhere if others want to use them.

Thanks for the link, Mike. Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to work. I was able to unhide some red text but none of it was related to sound files. I noticed the link that you referenced was from 2006. Perhaps there have been changes to the Buddy program and the sound file info is located somewhere else on the spreadsheet?

If you have any other ideas, let me know. I am only looking to add/edit the trash talking sound effects so I can just select one and hit play whenever I want.

Sorry brew. That is what I get for trying to answer these things fast. I have moved things around since then, although it is still on the summary tab. Ha. I'm an idiot. No need to unhide anything. Just change any of the names under "filename" in the Timer Sound Effects box or any of the sound names in the Trash Talking Sound Effects box. These names you put should match the filename of the sound files you copy into your /sounds/ directory, except you don't need to include the .wav at the end. Then click and hit play. Simple as that.

Thanks Mike. Works like a charm now, and easy as can be. How tough would it be to add a few more cells so that I can include some more sound effects?