Sign in to follow this  
GettnHuge

I hate the preseason.

[rant] Every focking year this goes on. Stud players lost for the season in MEANINGLESS games. When the commish

encourages teams like he did to play their starters to keep the ppl who are forced to buy thsoe tickets happy...

every one of em should have said to shove it. There's absolutely no focking reason Youmenyoura and 85 and

Palmer and so on need to be in any of these games. College doesn't need a preseason and they do just fine.

2 games at most is all they should need, and nary an entrenched starter should even don the pads. WTF was

Adrian Peterson doing diving into the pile for a TD in the 2nd quarter? Focking idiocy. One bad twist and your

team is done for the year. And don't give me this crap about 'getting their reps in.' I can accept if my team is

rusty in week 1...at least they're all on the field!! I can accept if one of my players gets hurt in week 1! What I

can't accept is this bullshat where they are lost because of a game they easily could have sat out of because the

final score DOESN'T COUNT. [/rant]

:ninja:

As a Giants fan I wholeheartedly agree with this post. The injury to Umenyiora is the kind that changes a season for the worse without a doubt.

As a Giants fan I wholeheartedly agree with this post. The injury to Umenyiora is the kind that changes a season for the worse without a doubt.

Do you think that Youmenyoura might have forgotten how to rush the qb if he skipped the entire preseason?

:shocking: :unsure:

These preseason games should be like summer league ball for basketball, just the rooks and guys trying to play there way onto a roster, the whole system needs to be revamped.

These preseason games should be like summer league ball for basketball, just the rooks and guys trying to play there way onto a roster, the whole system needs to be revamped.

I agree. Problem is the money owners make off of these games by forcing them into season ticket packages. I wish in preason that teams could have 1 home game/1 road game where they do it up like the NBA summer league. Then have a 3rd game where coaches can practice their game planning and get some of their real players game work. I would like to see this 3rd game played between geographical rivals at a neutral site. This system would take away 1 preseason home games worth of profits from every owner---they no likee. But they could split revenues from the neutral site game. They could also maybe enhance the value of this 3rd preseason game by showcasing it in an area that rarely sees pro football (ie a real sellout and concessions) and perhaps thru more TV viewership as it would be the publics one and only chance to see how their real players look. They could also tweak their injury settlement rules when they implemented this to save even more money. Also by only playing real players in the 1 game--if even then-- they could perhaps save money by not putting their highest priced assets at risk(Usi's still gonna get paid,plus now they need to pay the guy that replaces him)The owners would still lose money compared to what they are making now,but there are options to softening that hit and closing that gap with injuries being considered. Also I am currently unemployed.

There's absolutely no focking reason Youmenyoura and 85 and Palmer and so on need to be in any of these games.

...says the Youmenyoura and 85 and Palmer owner. Kidding - I agree.

Yep. There's nothing wrong with the preseason, actually. Coaches need time to evaluate players and fill the back end of their roster. What's focked everything up is the NFL charging full price for preseason tickets, as that causes a snowball effect of a bunch of crap that's bad.

I think pre-season is necessary. I always like to watch the Packer players to see who should make the team. Injuries are part of the game. Do you think someone gets injured more in a pre-season game than if it was made into a regular season game? That's ridiculous. Someone like LT does not play at all in pre-season. Other players like and need to get their timing right. Teams need a chance to see players on the bubble in real-time situations.

I think pre-season is necessary. I always like to watch the Packer players to see who should make the team. Injuries are part of the game. Do you think someone gets injured more in a pre-season game than if it was made into a regular season game? That's ridiculous. Someone like LT does not play at all in pre-season. Other players like and need to get their timing right. Teams need a chance to see players on the bubble in real-time situations.

agreed

with the ammount of changes in head coaching and OC's/DC's practice time is just not enough to get ready for the season

add in the ammount of player changes with free agency and then you add in another aspect of rhythm and learning to play with the other players around you

there are bad breaks for sure but not that many really..... we have had 3-4 injuries of note in the preseason games, a lot of small dings that people are just blowing out of the water

now, if a coach was really concerned they would take note of what SD does with LT.... when was the last time he played a preseason game?? maybe the 2nd preseason game his rookie year

nobody is forcing the coaches to play these guys but they put them out there to get their team in gear

i'd hate to see my team going into the season with a QB controversy... certainly not the time to be setting your roster and trying to get players warmed up to playing a full game after the summer

squishing it into 2 games doesn't help much as then they are playing more snaps per game and just as likely to get hurt

week 1 - lucky to see 1Q from starters

week 2 - maybe 2Q

week 3 - 2Q + 2-3 drives at best

week 4 - might be lucky to play out 1Q

you don't even see them on the field for 2 full games as it is...... barely even 1.5 games

Pre-season = retarded.

Vikes for example:

Zero reason to ever have Pat Williams or Kevin Williams on the field in the pre-season. Conditioning and practices is plenty for these guys.

Would I ever let AP play in these preseason games, hell no.

Pats

Do you think Randy Moss or Brady need preseason?

Rooks, 2nd, and 3rd year player trying to make a team, that's who i would play, everyone else... :shocking:

Injuries happen, when they happen is secondary. You want to stop practice too, just in case someone may get hurt? Hell, maybe we should skip the regular season and just have a playoff and SuperBowl! :shocking:

I don't think injuries would be substantially less if they did away with it... they would just happen in the regular season instead. Unless, you are putting your QB out there with a 2nd string O line, then it's all a matter of chance anyhow.

Injuries happen, when they happen is secondary. You want to stop practice too, just in case someone may get hurt? Hell, maybe we should skip the regular season and just have a playoff and SuperBowl! :music_guitarred:

I don't think injuries would be substantially less if they did away with it... they would just happen in the regular season instead. Unless, you are putting your QB out there with a 2nd string O line, then it's all a matter of chance anyhow.

agreed.

I personally think that if you did away with the preseason, you'd actually see an increase in injury.

Think about it for a second...

Preseason = doesn't count = you don't play as hard = you don't play as often = you are trying to get into "game" shape so you don't get injured = you get less injuries

Season = you play your ass off as hard and fast as you can.

If you aren't in "game" shape, you get injured that much quicker, and that much easier.

Preseason is a great conditioning tool to cut down on injuries and to develop chemistry, especially seeing free agency takes away people, and coaches constantly change.

I'd definately a necessary evil. Paying full price for the tickets suck, but hey, show me something that is completely fair in this world, and I'll show you a gullible fool

agreed.

I personally think that if you did away with the preseason, you'd actually see an increase in injury.

Think about it for a second...

Preseason = doesn't count = you don't play as hard = you don't play as often = you are trying to get into "game" shape so you don't get injured = you get less injuries

Season = you play your ass off as hard and fast as you can.

If you aren't in "game" shape, you get injured that much quicker, and that much easier.

Preseason is a great conditioning tool to cut down on injuries and to develop chemistry, especially seeing free agency takes away people, and coaches constantly change.

I'd definately a necessary evil. Paying full price for the tickets suck, but hey, show me something that is completely fair in this world, and I'll show you a gullible fool

FALSE

FACT - There's a greater chance of injury in a half azz loafing game than in a real game. Sloppiness. Etc.

I agree as well as disagree. Some teams need their starters in there while some do not.

Teams with new schemes need to get on the same page in game atmosphere.

A lot of teams even after this type of preseason are still rusty for the first few weeks.

Do franchise players on the same teams with the same coaches for a number of years need to? no.

FALSE

FACT - There's a greater chance of injury in a half azz loafing game than in a real game. Sloppiness. Etc.

So, your saying its the players fault they got hurt! Hmmm...

FALSE

Players have been asked about this before and I've seen the same answer over and over again, and it's that

there is no half-speed. The idea of the preseason is to get up to 'game speed' against someone other than their

own team. Besides, half the guys on the field are trying to get a spot or a starting gig and are busting their asses

like it's their super bowl.

Established starters should not be playing in these games. I never said eliminate the preseason, I think 2 games

are fine. They also play scrimmages which are fine. I really do like seeing rookies and backups getting their shot.

What you don't risk is a known quantity. I saw someone mention: what if they are injured in practice? Look, that

I can also accept. If they get hurt in game 1, that's football. Practice, same thing, even the vets need to get in shape.

So I can accept that as well. But they don't have an injury report after a practice like they do a game. Practice injuries

are mostly minor stuff because they rarely play all out full contact.

Can anyone explain how college teams come out flying ready to play without a month of preseason games? Many of

these teams have a hundred guys trying to make it or get a spot yet they manage to figure it out pretty good. And

we're talking about just removed high school kids. Many of their preseasons is a cupcake matchup, but ya still gotta

sort the team out by then.