Sign in to follow this  
mrgymrat

Selvin Young or Chris Perry

I see Selvin & Chris Perry as about the same.

1. Both have a lot of "potential"

2. Both also could be RBBC's w/ adequate backups

3. Selvin lots of yds possibly, Perry more TDs probably

4. Both are #2 RBs at best

So which one do I trade for a DST?

Selvin or Perry?

---

I start MBIII & Ronnie or Ricky

I'd trade away Selvyn, for these reasons:

1) He'll have competition from Andre Hall, and, later in the season, Ryan Torain

2) Denver's OL is nicked up

3) Marshall out first two games means everyone will be keying on the RBs early on

Meanwhile, it looks like the Bengals are trying to trade Rudi, leaving it as largely a competition between Perry and Watson. And Watson is not an every-down back. The risk with Perry is that he'll get injured again.

I'd trade away Selvyn, for these reasons:

1) He'll have competition from Andre Hall, and, later in the season, Ryan Torain

2) Denver's OL is nicked up

3) Marshall out first two games means everyone will be keying on the RBs early on

Meanwhile, it looks like the Bengals are trying to trade Rudi, leaving it as largely a competition between Perry and Watson. And Watson is not an every-down back. The risk with Perry is that he'll get injured again.

Watson was an every down back last year when Rudi was out and was more than adequate. And Marshall will only miss 1 game.

Selvin Young is the guy you keep, and for me it's not that close. Too many questions about playing time in Cincy, and Perry hasn't done anything in the regular season before. Selvin was pretty good last year and is more solidly locked into a starting role.

Go with Selvin Young and if I were you, I would start him with Barber instead of one of the Miami runners, that backfield is one I would stay away from.

If you're only trading them for a defense, and you're probably going to start Brown or Williams, I would keep them both. All four of them have question marks, but hopefully one would work out. I don't think it's worth trading one of them simply for a defense.

i cant say keep 1 over the other, 2 dicey 4 me. but i can tell u that 1 option u might not have thought about(not THE best though) is 2 get both players in a rbbc and play them at the same time. sounds odd but 2 years ago i damn near won my league because i had tatum bell and mike anderson from denver. the whole year i was losing cause i would play 1 or the other and it wouldnt hit the right guy, then i realized 2 play them both and i got about 30 points from the 2 of them every week afterwards. just a thought.

and i would go selvin young and andre hall over cincy's rb's myself.