Sign in to follow this  
Stifler

Will Braylon Edwards be ready for week one?

I am trying to decide between Edwards v. Cowboys and Ca. Johnson @ Falcons but cannot find much info on Edwards' (Browns) progress. Is he going to be ready? Hell, are DA and Lewis going to be ready? I really want to start Edwards as I am already playing K. Smith and don't want to have to start two Lions players.

Does anybody have any info? Will the Browns be competitive against the Boys?

From Roto World - http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernew...ilter_teams=CLE

Jamal Lewis-RB- Browns Aug. 27 - 10:19 am et

Jamal Lewis remains sidelined with a "slight hamstring strain."

Coach Romeo Crennel said Lewis has been improving over the weekend while running in the pool and doing side work. Lewis won't play this week, but he is expected to return for the season opener.

Source: Canton Repository

Braylon Edwards-WR- Browns Aug. 27 - 10:15 am et

Browns coach Romeo Crennel says he's been told Braylon Edwards (foot) "will be there and practicing" for the season opener next week.

Crennel added that he'll feel better about the situation once he sees Edwards on the field. The Browns are being cautious with him, but there's no reason to believe he won't be ready for Week 1.

Source: Canton Repository

Derek Anderson-QB- Browns Aug. 27 - 12:09 am et

There are "rumblings" that Derek Anderson (concussion) is experiencing sensitivity to light, according to Profootballtalk.com.

This is a common aftereffect of a concussion, but he'll sit out the Browns' last exhibition and is reportedly only able to practice indoors. Anderson isn't a lock to face Dallas in Week 1 and should be monitored closely next week.

Source: Profootballtalk.com

FWIW I heard Braylon interviewed on Jim Rome today and he told Rome the foot was 100%. When Rome asked him about it he laughed about it saying he could have easily played in their last preseason game but didn't. According to him it's no limits in week one.

I don't have a link but I'm sure you could listen to it on Rome's site if you wanted to.