Sign in to follow this  
SundayTouchDowns

Just traded

Just traded Selvin Young for Roddy White. I was pretty thin at WR (CJ injury didn't help) and had decent depth at RB while the guy I traded with was going to start Thomas Jones and Hightower (he decided to sit Julius Jones).

My team:

QB:Rivers Rodgers

RB:Grant Turner Perry White Betts B.Jackson

WR:Wayne Ocho Cinco White Burleson Meachem

RB/WR:Perry

TE: Gonzo

K:Prater

DEF:Packers

I think I did alright improving my WR depth and covering myself in case CJ can't go. I should prob drop Jackson and pickup Andre Hall. What do you think? Good trade or should I have offered a different RB.

Ewww. I don't know if I like that trade. I think Selvin Young will have a good year. I like Roddy White alot, and I actually own him in one of my leagues, he's my #3 also, but I think I have more depth at RB than you do. I'd drop Meachem or Betts before Jackson. He's a good handcuff to Grant and should be involved this season. Maybe you should swap one of them out for Steve Slaton or another guy with upside.

Ewww. I don't know if I like that trade. I think Selvin Young will have a good year. I like Roddy White alot, and I actually own him in one of my leagues, he's my #3 also, but I think I have more depth at RB than you do. I'd drop Meachem or Betts before Jackson. He's a good handcuff to Grant and should be involved this season. Maybe you should swap one of them out for Steve Slaton or another guy with upside.

While I like Young's chances, my WR situation would be perilous if CJ went down. Besides it looks like Young is losing goaline carries and who knows what will happen when Torrain comes back. You may have a point dropping Meachem over Jackson, there's no way I'd drop Betts over Jackson. Betts has proven he can produce if Portis goes down while Jackson has only proven that he can lose his job to a player traded during training camp.

The only RBs of note that are available are Chris Taylor, Andre Hall, Pierre Thomas, Dunn, and Lamont Jordan.

Not a fan of this trade either.

I refuse to give into any hype that involves Ronny White doing a good job in Atlanta.

Roddy White simply just isn't good...

1200 yards and 6 TD's isn't a good job?

I like the trade. White is a good #3 WR, and Young is not much different than a lot of the other RB's you have. You do have decent depth at RB, but not really any true studs, unless you are very high on Grant (I like him but I wouldn't consider him a true #1 RB), but otherwise I'm assuming you had a late pick in a 14-team draft or something. I'm not a huge fan of Turner, but one of he Perry or White (assuming it's LenDale?) should be a decent #2.