Sign in to follow this  
gopkrs

Ronnie Brown

I got RB in the 7th round and can put him on a three year contract whereby next year he will cost me an eighth round and then a 9th round the next year. I see where Miami extended Ricky but I am still thinking that Brown has too much talent to sit. Anyone have thoughts on Ronnie Brown's future. Our scoring counts on pass receptions also.

Sporano has said that he is going to use Ricky and Ronnie like he used Julius Jones and Marion Barber last year. Guess who will be Marion Barber? Not Ronnie.

This regime has no loyalty to Ronnie Brown, so it's hard to say what his future is like with them.

Ronnie is always injured - Parcells doesn't like that.

Reports are that Parcells like's Ricky and also Ricky's new contract as easily attainable incentives in it. I would say they are building an environment in Miami for Ricky to succeed in.

Paul

Well, if they want Ricky...wouldn't they be trading Ronnie. These names are too much. I mean, he has a hefty salary.

Counting on Ricky Williams to be your featured back is a mistake too big from someone with the Tuna's experience to make. Sitting a player who was on pace to be the #1 RB in the league on a team every defensive coordinator in the league knew was going to run the ball first, is a mistake. Ronnie had a terrible injury to a knee that will take a year to recover from. Expect a slow start and a strong finish. 2009 will be a good year as the Tuna's changes start to take affect.

Do it and thank yourself.... RW will get some touches, perhaps a lions share to start but as the season wears on and RB gets stronger he will move to the front of the line. Don't forget RB won out of RW before, he will do so again. RW's extension was nothing but insurance and locking up the option should RB not come back strong.

Don't read more into the situation that you need to.. a 23 or 24 y/o RB will win out over a 31 year old who hasn't played any significant NFL time in 4 years, no matter how hard people hope.

Do it and thank yourself.... RW will get some touches, perhaps a lions share to start but as the season wears on and RB gets stronger he will move to the front of the line. Don't forget RB won out of RW before, he will do so again. RW's extension was nothing but insurance and locking up the option should RB not come back strong.

Don't read more into the situation that you need to.. a 23 or 24 y/o RB will win out over a 31 year old who hasn't played any significant NFL time in 4 years, no matter how hard people hope.

Of course this is all speculation on your part, no one in the Dolphins organization has said anything close to this. The only thing that was ever said by Sporano was that he was going to use RW and RB like he used Julius Jones and Marion Barber in Dallas.......and Ronnie Brown won't be the Marion Barber of the two. Neither one are going to get 25-30 carries a game but both will be utilized in this offense with Ricky taking the goal-line duty, making him the more valuable fantasy player.

To answer the original posters question, i'd still take Ronnie Brown because he is signed to 2010, so he will still put up decent numbers.