Sign in to follow this  
ffsmack

QB week 1

I drafted Big Ben figuring he would be my every week starter with Rodgers at backup, but I managed to pick Warner up off the wire. Now that Warner has been named the starter I'm not sure who I wanna go with. What do you guys think?

Ben vs Hou

Warner @ SF

This one is a bit tricky. Houston ranked 25th against the pass last year; SF ranked 22nd. Both teams are mediocre agains the run as well.

I'm guessing their numbers will be pretty similar this week, but I like Warner's upside due, if nothing else, to his receiving corps. I also think it's likely that Pittsburg goes back to their power-running roots this year. The Cards will be relying more on their passing, the Steelers at least have more options for rushing.

Go for Warner.

OK - here comes the dissenter - are you kidding sitting Big Ben vs Houston to play Warner?

Ben is THE QB in PIT - SB winner - strong team around him, solid def, and going against a weak Hou team.

Warner JUST got the QB job - he will be mired in QB controversy all year. Got two good WRs, but suspect running game, sorry O-Line, and def is a joke. yes its vs SF, but I think its too much of a risk.

I'm only guessing here - could be wrong - but I wouldn't think twice about playing BB.

Hope that helps. Mine: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=321671

The reason for the debate is even though the Cards want Leinart to live up to his draft position, Warner has been a top fantasy QB with one of the best WR tandems in the league. He was second only to Brady in the 2nd half of last season. Ben is on a solid team, although I hear there are questions about the o-line this year. Ben was a top 6 QB last season though, making this choice a tough one for me. :rolleyes:

Big Ben---------Gonna be like a kid in the candy store -vs- Texans pass D

Rodgers---------Gonna be a high percentage MNF game -vs- yikes

Warner----------gonna take advantage of being named starter for cards

looks like you have a winner with ither starter

good-luck

please se mine

Big Ben---------Gonna be like a kid in the candy store -vs- Texans pass D

Rodgers---------Gonna be a high percentage MNF game -vs- yikes

Warner----------gonna take advantage of being named starter for cards

looks like you have a winner with ither starter

good-luck

please se mine

The reason for the debate is even though the Cards want Leinart to live up to his draft position, Warner has been a top fantasy QB with one of the best WR tandems in the league. He was second only to Brady in the 2nd half of last season. Ben is on a solid team, although I hear there are questions about the o-line this year. Ben was a top 6 QB last season though, making this choice a tough one for me. :rolleyes:

I have the same situation and am leaning toward Warner this week.

He threw for 484/2 last year against this same team.

Plus he threw 300/3 against them in 06.

I think we can't go wrong either way this week and Warner is worth the play here.

Look at mine please.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=321689