Sign in to follow this  
Madler

Need WR Help badly

I am in a PPR league. I have Cotchery v. Pats, S. Holmes v. Browns DeSean Jackson v. Cowboys and Housch v. Tenn

Last week I played Holmes and Housh and got 5 pts total, while Jackson had over 100 yds receiving and Cotchery had a TD and 80 yards. I only lost by 5 pts to my opponent.

I am pretty certain I am going with Cotchery. Jets home opener and Pats weak in secondary. Ben has a bad shoulder I just read so I am not certain about Holmes. Especially since they ran infrequently last week and when he threw he hit Ward for 2 TD's.

Jackson could be a good play since it seems that he is the #1 guy for Philly, but Cowboys at home are tough.

Housh, well Cincy looked terrible v. Ravens and I think Titans D is even better.

Please help me and I will help you

I like Housh. Let Jackson prove himself. One game against a brutal Rams team does not make a fantasy stud. Go with the known comodity and re-evaluate after a few weeks. As a Pac-10 homer, Jackson is amazing, a great talent, but let him prove himself. Start another Pac-10 guy...go Housh.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=323018

I definitely like Cotchery here. I would say Holmes, as CLE looked pretty bad on D from what I saw on TV. If you don't feel comfortable with Ben's ability to get the ball to Holmes, then I would take Jackson. He looked pretty good, and Cincy as a whole looked pathetic, thus concerning me with Housh.

Obviously Cotchery and then I'd also roll the dice with Jackson against Dallas. McNabb is in a zone right now and outside of Westbrook, DeSean Jackson is his only other significant playmaker. Jackson did catch 6 balls last week which definitely helps in a PPR, so you can guess they're not just using him as a deep threat.

The Bengals are a complete mess and playing against the Titan D makes Housh tough to play. I know I'm benching him on my team.

Roeth's shoulder could significantly decreases the long TD pass that Holmes gets his points from.

I'd say Cotch and Holmes. Even is Ben has a sore shoulder, Pitt's offense will likely be more productive than Cincy's. Cincy looked absolutely terrible. Until they get their act together, I'd go with an offense that's already proven itself. Holmes might not have done much last week, but Fast Willie won't run for three TD's every game, either. Sooner or later, Holmes will be a factor.