Sign in to follow this  
Duck Dog

Roster

I have a roster issue. I dropped my K and picked up QB - Rivers hoping I could trade with the Brady owner. I couldn't get him to bite, and now its Friday, any trade won't take effect until week 3.

ISSUE: I'm without a K, no empty bench spots, and I have three QB's (Warner, Hass, Rivers).

Who do I drop to add a K?

QB: Hass and Rivers

RB: LenWhale and Pierre Thomas

Suggestions appreciated, and I'll help with yours.

Tough call, I would probably say you don't need 3 QB's so drop Rivers or Hass, but that could come in handy for trading purposes next week (in case some other big time QB gets injured again).

I'd go with Pierre for the drop...

I have done this too many times to count as well... look you just got Rivers of the wire as trade bait and it didnt work out. Just like in Poker, sometimes the bluff works and other times it doesn't. So rewind just a few days and go back to the way your roster used to be.. without Rivers! I would not drop Hass because I still believe, by the years end that he will be putting up decent numbers.

I guess you could drop Pierre because McAllister *should* be coming back any week now.. but for me it would be Rivers of Pierre.

Check out mine if you get a chance:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=323429

I have a roster issue. I dropped my K and picked up QB - Rivers hoping I could trade with the Brady owner. I couldn't get him to bite, and now its Friday, any trade won't take effect until week 3.

ISSUE: I'm without a K, no empty bench spots, and I have three QB's (Warner, Hass, Rivers).

Who do I drop to add a K?

QB: Hass and Rivers

RB: LenWhale and Pierre Thomas

Suggestions appreciated, and I'll help with yours.

Very tough. Hass (I have) is still better than most of the QBs available on WWs so just dropping for nothing in return isn't too attractive. You can't drop Rivers. You can't drop Warner.

You can't drop LenDale even in light of the CJ situation there.

Thomas is your most droppable but he has lots of upside. If Duece comes back and eats into his carries, his value is slim. If he doesn't, he'll be #2 on NO offense.

I'd almost consider just leaving the K position open if you can do so without additional penalty and working on a trade next week. I would think Warner would have great value and you could go with Rivers and have Hass as the backup.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=323512 -- mine

never knowingly and willing leave a starter spot blank... pick up a kicker.. why give away 3-12 points?

never knowingly and willing leave a starter spot blank... pick up a kicker.. why give away 3-12 points?

I generally endorse that but in his case lose a battle win the war. He could solidify his roster next week with a shrewd trade and be better off the rest of the season.

He should look at his lineup and see if he thinks he'd be in a position where no K would make a difference. If his match up is bad anyway this week and he's likely going to lose or vice versa may be a sound strategy.