Sign in to follow this  
BREWSTER_MIL

Travis Laboy, Arizona's DE

He's listed as a DE in my league. If he plays LB thats huge.

Do the Cards move him around the field? Is he a full time player

or do they just use him on passing downs?

He's listed as a DE in my league. If he plays LB thats huge.

Do the Cards move him around the field? Is he a full time player

or do they just use him on passing downs?

He is a 5th yr player out of Hawaii. On the Cards website it has him listed as a backup DE behind Bertrand Berry. His career stats may do not look too impressive, so he may have just had a career game with the 2 sacks, FF, etc. I don't think that he will be that productive all year.

He is a 5th yr player out of Hawaii. On the Cards website it has him listed as a backup DE behind Bertrand Berry. His career stats may do not look too impressive, so he may have just had a career game with the 2 sacks, FF, etc. I don't think that he will be that productive all year.

I'm inclined to agree, except he is actually starting over Berry. That being said, the Cards have a lot of depth in their front seven, and they will rotate them in to keep guys fresh. I've heard that the Cards say they have "18 starters on defense." Good for team defense, IDP, I dunno.

To the OP, I think technically he is a DE, but they do line up all over the place. Sorry.

Per Tony Novak's IDP notes

http://www.fftoday.com/articles/idptony/idpnotes_08_wk2.htm

Arizona

Linebacker coach Bill Davis appears to have made another successful transition of a DE to the Cardinals “Predator” OLB tweener job. Travis LaBoy earned the starting job and posted four tackles (three solo), including two sacks. The first sack was a gift, but the second came late in the game with classic grab-and-swat to force a fumble, which he also recovered, to seal the victory. LaBoy has a lot more value if your stat provider and league rules still allow him to be recognized as a DL.

The reason I ask is because I would like to drop Peppers for him.

Peppers hasnt done anything for the past 17 games and I would

love to have A DE that plays some LB on my team. I just want to

know if this is a fluke or that I can expect similar #'s each week.

I dont expect 2 sacks a week, but if he plays LB he should get

more tackels. For all the people who play in IDP leagues would

you drop Peppers of Laboy?

As a Titans homer I can tell you that Laboy is a very good pass rusher, but he gets pushed around in the run game a lot so he was mostly a part time player for Tennessee. I didn't realize he was getting time at LB in Arizona

He's had trouble with concussions in the past and he's a little injury prone. But very solid, and he may be coming into his own.

I'm inclined to agree, except he is actually starting over Berry. That being said, the Cards have a lot of depth in their front seven, and they will rotate them in to keep guys fresh. I've heard that the Cards say they have "18 starters on defense." Good for team defense, IDP, I dunno.

To the OP, I think technically he is a DE, but they do line up all over the place. Sorry.

Was trying to find the same thing myself this morning. On Sportslines arizona site depth chart he's listed as backup DE, but if you read Notes and Quotes or Players/strategy or something they call him the starting OLB. Also they mentioned 2 of the DT's as NT's. Have they gone to a 3/4 D or some kind of Hybred ?? He has been reclassed as LB on MFL Leagues

Per Tony Novak's IDP notes

http://www.fftoday.com/articles/idptony/idpnotes_08_wk2.htm

Arizona

Linebacker coach Bill Davis appears to have made another successful transition of a DE to the Cardinals “Predator” OLB tweener job. Travis LaBoy earned the starting job and posted four tackles (three solo), including two sacks. The first sack was a gift, but the second came late in the game with classic grab-and-swat to force a fumble, which he also recovered, to seal the victory. LaBoy has a lot more value if your stat provider and league rules still allow him to be recognized as a DL.

Ask and you shall receive! Good find!!

The kid can play...reminds me of Vanden Bosch...future pro-bowler IMO

Did he play or suit up?

I didnt get to watch any of the game.

He had no stats. Looks like I dropped Peppers for nothing.

What a schmuck.