Sign in to follow this  
sku88

What about Jeff Garcia to Minn?

I don't have the slightest clue who you are, but I would assume you would be a better QB for Minnesota over Tavaris Jackson!

Did I read correctly that neither Berrian or Rice had a catch? Hell, even Kyle Orton could be effective against the Indy D. And Childress is still saying that he's sticking with Jackson?

As a Packer fan, I fully endorse his decision. They should stick with Jackson for many years. Because who cares about the QB? You just need a good D and strong running game to win in the NFL. :rolleyes:

Did I read correctly that neither Berrian or Rice had a catch? Hell, even Kyle Orton could be effective against the Indy D. And Childress is still saying that he's sticking with Jackson?

As a Packer fan, I fully endorse his decision. They should stick with Jackson for many years. Because who cares about the QB? You just need a good D and strong running game to win in the NFL. :rolleyes:

I think he has to stick with Jackson. Who else does he have? Ferrotte? Booty?

Anyone they traded for would take time to catch up with system, no? They should have gotten a backup months ago instead of sticking by their pride and jackson. I think last week, all the QB's on the market got snatched up except maybe Culpepper, Testeverde, and Jeff George.

I think he has to stick with Jackson. Who else does he have? Ferrotte? Booty?

Anyone they traded for would take time to catch up with system, no? They should have gotten a backup months ago instead of sticking by their pride and jackson. I think last week, all the QB's on the market got snatched up except maybe Culpepper, Testeverde, and Jeff George.

John David Booty! Helk, at least he started at USC. I say give him the ball and see what happens. Barring a lightning bolt coming out of the sky and striking him dead he can't do any worse than Jackson.

John David Booty! Helk, at least he started at USC. I say give him the ball and see what happens. Barring a lightning bolt coming out of the sky and striking him dead he can't do any worse than Jackson.

Well, I disagree for reasons that do not include what his current successes would be. A rookie Qb needs at least 2 years on the bench to grasp the game properly. Teams that throw their rookie QBs in the game are doing both their Qb and their teams a disservice. I understand it is a win now league, but throwing Booty in there won't get the Vikings to a SB. But it could crush his chances of developing properly. It's very rare for a QB to be able to go in as a rookie and survive let alone develop. I think the Vikings would be well advised to keep Booty on his booty for a couple of years. Look across your border and see what Rodgers is doing after a few years riding pine. I highly doubt he would be the QB he is now if he had started right away. He'd probably look more like Harrington, Carr, or Alex Smith.

They need a vet who can manage to keep defenses honest. Nothing Manning like or anything. Just someone who can make defenses respect the passing game. Like a Mark Brunnel, Trent Green, Brad Johnson type of QB. Just to give their rooks some time to learn the game from a safe distance.

But hey, that's just what I think. What do I know? :doublethumbsup:

Childress must go!!!! Freakin' egocentric stubborn NFL coaches. Gawd what an idiot. The Vikes have a team that could seriously contend. Hmmm, except for one thing, the most important position in Pro Football! Fok ur sytem Childress. Oh yeah, this just in - Garthia, Freroote, Booty - not the answer. Nor CPepp, Harrington, and all the other junk out there. Childress erred and soon he will pay the price that many stubborn egocentric coaches have paid before him. It's called the unemploment line!

TJax :doublethumbsup:

Childress :cry:

Well, I disagree for reasons that do not include what his current successes would be. A rookie Qb needs at least 2 years on the bench to grasp the game properly. Teams that throw their rookie QBs in the game are doing both their Qb and their teams a disservice. I understand it is a win now league, but throwing Booty in there won't get the Vikings to a SB. But it could crush his chances of developing properly. It's very rare for a QB to be able to go in as a rookie and survive let alone develop. I think the Vikings would be well advised to keep Booty on his booty for a couple of years. Look across your border and see what Rodgers is doing after a few years riding pine. I highly doubt he would be the QB he is now if he had started right away. He'd probably look more like Harrington, Carr, or Alex Smith.

They need a vet who can manage to keep defenses honest. Nothing Manning like or anything. Just someone who can make defenses respect the passing game. Like a Mark Brunnel, Trent Green, Brad Johnson type of QB. Just to give their rooks some time to learn the game from a safe distance.

But hey, that's just what I think. What do I know? :doublethumbsup:

Rookies have had great success....happens all the time! Dan Marino, Otta Graham, Moses.......okay, it rarely happens.

I agree with what you are saying about waiting and learning. The problem is he isn't learning anything right now. This team has everything they need except a QB. IF they could insert Booty and run an offense like Pittsburgh did for Roethlisberger, maybe he could survive. Obviously Ben is/was better than Booty, but you never know.

Even if they bring in Frerrotte. They have to do something. Jackson single handedly has them at 0-2. He can't complete a pass.

I think Ferotte would be an upgrade. He throws a nice deep ball, and can make better decisions. He doesn't have the mobility, but behind that line he should be fine.

As for Garcia, don't both teams run a west coast offence? If so, it shouldn't take him that long to get up to speed.

Id give Joey Harrington a shot. The guy has never had a great team around him, a running game and a defense could make him a legit player. He is way above what they have now, which is nothing.

Childress has tied his ship to Jackson. Nobody else in the NFL, it appears, thought that Jackson had anything more than some potential to develop down the road when the Vikings traded up to get him in the 2nd round of the draft three years ago. Childy was ridiculed for taking him so high and for thinking that Jackson could be anything more than a long-term prospect. The proof is in the pudding, and so far, it appears that all of the critics were right and Childress was wrong. But Childress has stubbornly stuck with Tarvaris, despite little evidence that he is ready to be a starter in the NFL. If the young QB doesn't develop into a winner this year, Childress will likely be gone, and he knows it. Putting Gus in there would be an admission that he made a huge mistake. My guess is that Childy thinks the only thing he can do is keep Jackson in there and hope that the kid starts to improve. Any other outcome would probably mean the end of his head coaching days.

Childress has tied his ship to Jackson. Nobody else in the NFL, it appears, thought that Jackson had anything more than some potential to develop down the road when the Vikings traded up to get him in the 2nd round of the draft three years ago. Childy was ridiculed for taking him so high and for thinking that Jackson could be anything more than a long-term prospect. The proof is in the pudding, and so far, it appears that all of the critics were right and Childress was wrong. But Childress has stubbornly stuck with Tarvaris, despite little evidence that he is ready to be a starter in the NFL. If the young QB doesn't develop into a winner this year, Childress will likely be gone, and he knows it. Putting Gus in there would be an admission that he made a huge mistake. My guess is that Childy thinks the only thing he can do is keep Jackson in there and hope that the kid starts to improve. Any other outcome would probably mean the end of his head coaching days.

If he puts Ferotte in there and they start to win, while it might hurt his ego, it could also save his job. A smart head coach would do what's best for the team. Average QB play would make this team a SB contender. They can't afford to lose another and fall farther behind GB.

If he puts Ferotte in there and they start to win, while it might hurt his ego, it could also save his job. A smart head coach would do what's best for the team. Average QB play would make this team a SB contender. They can't afford to lose another and fall farther behind GB.

No question you are right. At this point, he should put Gus in and see what happens. However, I think he, in his own mind, just knows that Tarvaris can play. And that's what will get him fired at the end of the year.

Bottom Line

Childress put his entire coaching career on the line for TJack and he's too hard headed to give up on him. Childress points to his win-loss record as a reason to keep with him, last year during those wins our defense has 6 TD's and our Running Backs had 17 compared to Tarvaris' 6TD's. There is nothing Wilf hasn't provided for this franchise and its time for some tough love. Wilf needs to give Childress a choice of either resigning or demoting TJack. If Childress refuses dismiss them both and have them watch from home next Sunday while they make manlove.

Heck, Visanthe Shiancoe can join in with em to make a hot oily 3some.

Promote Leslie Frazier to head coach, sign Garcia and release the dirty 3some. This team and this city deserve to see better football. If Garcia comes in or we at least try Ferotte we have a chance of getting back in this thing.

Vikings would be better off having a a qb that didn't play much in College and had been in the system for 3 years that is white. :o

Rookies have had great success....happens all the time! Dan Marino, Otta Graham, Moses.......okay, it rarely happens.

I agree with what you are saying about waiting and learning. The problem is he isn't learning anything right now. This team has everything they need except a QB. IF they could insert Booty and run an offense like Pittsburgh did for Roethlisberger, maybe he could survive. Obviously Ben is/was better than Booty, but you never know.

Even if they bring in Frerrotte. They have to do something. Jackson single handedly has them at 0-2. He can't complete a pass.

The problem is that Booty sucks. Just because he went to USC it doesn't make him a good QB, ask Matt Leinart.