yodaday

Who got the better deal?

Who got the better deal?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Romo-LJ-McGahee vs McFadden-ChrisJohnson-Schaub

• Romo-LarryJohnson-McGahee
    • McFadden-ChrisJohnson-Schaub

Guest RenoZ

Are you bragging about your "fleecing" the league idiot or whining about another guy beating you to it?

Guest BernardPollardFan

this trade all depends on who else is on their rosters.

Guest RenoZ
this trade all depends on who else is on their rosters.

No, no it doesn't.

That logic can be used when different positions are involved...not when the trade involves QB, RB, RB on both sides.

Team A

QB: Romo, Warner

RB: LJ, McGahee, JStewart

WR: BMarshall, JCotchery, BBerrian

Team B

QB: Schaub, Delhomme

RB: Gore, McFadden, ChrisJohnson

WR: AndreJohnson, LeeEvans, Bryant Johnson

Team A has downward RBs in LJ (bad offense) and McGahee (rbbc likely). Has 2 elite QBs.

Team B needs upgrade QB and both McFadden & CJohnson are potentially hit/miss type players

Basically, Team B is giving away young RBs with high upside potential for QB upgrade, while Team A is ridding RBs in bad situations for unproven RBs with high potential but have to give up Romo in order to do so.

Thus the trade.

Now which team has a better deal?

I'm apparently in the minority by looking at the votes, but i think the trade basically comes down to this. Romo for D MAC and Chris Johnson because all the other players involved are trash. I would go with the two RB's. I like Romo, but the guy has Warner to step right in. I think the guy giving up Romo has the better team post trade.

I'm apparently in the minority by looking at the votes, but i think the trade basically comes down to this. Romo for D MAC and Chris Johnson because all the other players involved are trash. I would go with the two RB's. I like Romo, but the guy has Warner to step right in. I think the guy giving up Romo has the better team post trade.

Okay, this is what I'm trying to find out from FFtoday community's general thinking:

LJ AND MCGAHEE ARE JUNKS!

I know it's only been 2 weeks into the season, but their outlooks are very bleak. KC offense looked horrific, especially against Raiders defense which dead last in 07 against the run.

Are you bragging about your "fleecing" the league idiot or whining about another guy beating you to it?

Well I am Team A trading away Romo-LJ-McGahee.

From the votes, looks like the community is saying I got the short end of the deal.

No, no it doesn't.

That logic can be used when different positions are involved...not when the trade involves QB, RB, RB on both sides.

wrong.

if one roster is full of young guys with potential he may want to make a trade for more proven guys to help him now.

the other guy may have a bunch of stars about to go past their prime and is looking to deal them for future studs.

the rest of your roster can always matter

especially if its a keeper league

Guest RenoZ
especially if its a keeper league

This, I agree with.

I don't play in any keeper leagues and, therefore, respond as if everything is a redraft. That would be a HUGE factor in this deal.

Guest BernardPollardFan
No, no it doesn't.

Um yes, yes it does.

If you were really being logical, instead of just throwing out the word, you'd see that this trade makes one team stronger at QB and the other team stronger at RB. Now that I see that the team that sold Romo has Warner on his bench, it makes a lot more sense, because he upgraded at RB without taking much of a hit at QB.

THAT is why you need to know the other players on the teams to evaluate this deal.