Sign in to follow this  
Murphys Law

Eddie Royal

Are we watching the next great WR tandem develop in Denver. Can Royal put up 1B WR numbers alongside Marshall's 1A? Will they team up like Ocho/Housh in the past, Wayne/Harrison, Boldin/Fitz and Megatron/Williams to both put up consistently solid numbers each week. After Marshall's big game back last week I can't help but think this should open Royal up for more opportunities as defenses begin to focus more on Marshall.

I'm benching Witten this week in favor of Mr. Royal in my third WR/TE spot and hope both he and Marshall go over the century mark in what could be a shootout against the Saints.

Are we watching the next great WR tandem develop in Denver. Can Royal put up 1B WR numbers alongside Marshall's 1A? Will they team up like Ocho/Housh in the past, Wayne/Harrison, Boldin/Fitz and Megatron/Williams to both put up consistently solid numbers each week. After Marshall's big game back last week I can't help but think this should open Royal up for more opportunities as defenses begin to focus more on Marshall.

I'm benching Witten this week in favor of Mr. Royal in my third WR/TE spot and hope both he and Marshall go over the century mark in what could be a shootout against the Saints.

Interesting question. Based on last week, it didn't look like Royal got many yards, although did get a late TD. I don't feel safe to play him thinking there won't be enough footballs to go around for him. Maybe I'm wrong.

I think it's too early to know. I think Cutler has man love for Brandon and will force him the ball.

Royal looks good but remember if ref makes the right call last week Royal has 30 yards and no TD.

Which means he's had one great game and one not. But all the great WR have down days. Look at Randy Moss last week.

I currently have Royal as my third receiver so I hope he continues to impress. He has the skill from what I've seen.

I hate to rely strictly on TD production for a WR. I think Royal is a good WR3 or a flex spot WR/TE guy, but I wouldn't put him at a WR2 just yet. He's had a TD in the first 2 games, but will that continue? lets take a look at the schedule...

-vs- New Orleans - Horrible Defense could mean easily 1 TD

@ Kansas City - Horrible team could mean 1 TD

-vs- Tampa Bay - Probably won't get a TD

-vs- Jacksonville - Probably won't get a TD

@ New England - Not a very good Defense, so possible TD

-vs- Miami - Bad Defense, possible TD

@ Cleveland - Horrible Defense, probable TD

@ Atlanta - Horrible Defense, probable TD

-vs- Oakland - You know what he does to Hall, probable TD

@ Jets - Decent Defense, probably won't get TD

-vs- Kansas City - Bad team, probable TD

@ Carolina - Good team, doubtful TD

-vs- Buffalo - Decent Defense, probably won't get TD

@ San Diego - Hard team to judge, doubtful TD

So here's how I see it...

Probable TD games = 6

Possible TD games = 2

Doubtful TD games = 6

So I'd say he'll get another 6+ TD's this year. That's good WR3 production. Stick him there and you'll be fine, but I wouldn't count on him as a WR2 unless you are very weak at that position.

Hope that helps, and yes, that is my homer view.

It could very well be a shootout, but I wouldn't bench Witten in favor of Royal based on two games, and a fluke play that made Royal's stats better than they should have been last week.

Marshall may be looking at additional suspension games out due to a battery or assault charge in Atlanta. As a Royal owner I'm praying they send Marshalls' azz to a 'Federal Pound You in the Azz Prison'.

Oh, and has anyone seen my stapler?

I think this week presents a good matchup for Royal against the weak NO secondary. I'm benching SMoss in favor of Royal.

Marshall may be looking at additional suspension games out due to a battery or assault charge in Atlanta. As a Royal owner I'm praying they send Marshalls' azz to a 'Federal Pound You in the Azz Prison'.

Oh, and has anyone seen my stapler?

Won't happen. As stated in many Marshall threads, the NFL knew about the Atlanta thing and that it wasn't settled yet BEFORE they dished out his punishment. No additional punishments will be given from this case.