Sign in to follow this  
Frank the Tank

Would you ever sit your #1 RB?

I know the golden rule is to never sit your #1 RB, especially when he is a top 5 guy. But I am actually considering sitting B. Westbrook this week. Am I crazy????

Is this one on those rare weeks that the match-ups win over the golden rule?

Start:

B.Jacobs vs. CIN

M.Turner vs. KC

Sit:

B.Westbrook vs. PIT

I know the golden rule is to never sit your #1 RB, especially when he is a top 5 guy. But I am actually considering sitting B. Westbrook this week. Am I crazy????

Is this one on those rare weeks that the match-ups win over the golden rule?

Start:

B.Jacobs vs. CIN

M.Turner vs. KC

Sit:

B.Westbrook vs. PIT

WHY WOULD YOU BENCH WESTY? :wacko: :blink: DID YOU BENCH HIM LAST WEEK VS DAL? :doublethumbsup:

I would bench Jacobs- GMEN should be up early and rotate Ward and Bradshaw to keep the big guy healthy and rested---

That said- I have Jacobs in one league and starting him with confidence-- I dont have Westy and Turner however to choose from

i don't care if he's playing the 85 bears....you do not bench westy unless his leg falls off.

Crazy wasn't the word I was thinking of. Stupid, idiotic better describes benching Westbrook.

I figured I'd get roasted for this post. I havn't sat Westy for almost 2 years (minus injury games).. just have a feeling abou this week. Especially with the horrible Cincy and KC Defenses

If you think you're right, you should simply go with it and ignore the overwhelming conventional thinking. Anyone who benched LT in game 1 in favor of Michael Turner looked like an idiot beforehand and a genius after the fact.

"Never bench your studs" is one of the "safest" mantras you can live by. Most people do it because it's too painful to depart from it and be wrong, and because nobody likes to be ridiculed for doing something so foolish.

Shanahan broke with conventional thinking when he went for 2.

The Texans were ridiculed for passing on Bush.

McCain was laughed at, even excoriated, by his OWN party leaders, initially, for picking Palin.

Maybe those folks ain't so dumb after all for following their own judgments and ignoring the catcalls of the risk-averse crowd.

I am benching Steven Davis :thumbsup:

If you think you're right, you should simply go with it and ignore the overwhelming conventional thinking. Anyone who benched LT in game 1 in favor of Michael Turner looked like an idiot beforehand and a genius after the fact.

"Never bench your studs" is one of the "safest" mantras you can live by. Most people do it because it's too painful to depart from it and be wrong, and because nobody likes to be ridiculed for doing something so foolish.

Shanahan broke with conventional thinking when he went for 2.

The Texans were ridiculed for passing on Bush.

McCain was laughed at, even excoriated, by his OWN party leaders, initially, for picking Palin.

Maybe those folks ain't so dumb after all for following their own judgments and ignoring the catcalls of the risk-averse crowd.

I guess the problem is that these are the exceptions rather than the norm. The exceptions always get the press and stand out, but how many times has someone in a similar situation ignored conventional thinking and sat a Tomlinson for Turner, only to have it blow up in their face? Far more often, I'd be willing to bet.

You're playing against the percentages, hoping that you hit that "1 in 10" chance.