Sign in to follow this  
ChocolateTown

Trent Green Will Help S-jax?

So obviously plugging Trent Green in for Bulger is a desperate move by a dead coach walking. But I have to think that Greens familiarity with Saunders system from his heyday in KC can provide some sort of spark for the Rams offense, near dead concussions and all. Saunders offense made a beast out of Holmes and LJ, I don't think the guys in Washington ever really picked it up and Bulger didn't have much time (this offseason and three games). S-Jax has said hes ready for 30+ carries this weekend. He almost busted for a long TD against the Giants (tripped on the turf) and last week nearly scored on a 50 yard catch. I think Natty Dreads is due for a big game in the coming weeks and will hopefully carry that momentum on.

I don't have much hope for Green, but if he can avoid the happy feet that Bulger had and progress through his targets the offence might actually improve. The O-line held up against a good Seattle D-line last week and gave Bulger time, but he's just looking shell-shocked right now. If they had a decent backup I'd be more excited, but I don't expect allot from Green. But I don't think he can be much worse.

Saunders offense made a beast out of Holmes and LJ

After seeing what Al Saunders has produced since those days I'm more willing to acknowledge the fact Kansas City simply had great talent. First of all, and most importantly for the runners you mentioned, the Chiefs had a mammoth offensive line filled with Pro Bowlers. Guys like Willie Roaf (x11 Pro Bowls), Will Shields (x12 Pro Bowls), and Brian Waters (x3 Pro Bowls) - that's what made their offense, not Saunder's focked up schemes. That offensive line during those years was the class of the league and kept Trent Green upright for the best years of his career. The Rams have nothing on the offensive line which even comes close. This game will always be won or lost in the trenches.

After seeing what Al Saunders has produced since those days I'm more willing to acknowledge the fact Kansas City simply had great talent. First of all, and most importantly for the runners you mentioned, the Chiefs had a mammoth offensive line filled with Pro Bowlers. Guys like Willie Roaf (x11 Pro Bowls), Will Shields (x12 Pro Bowls), and Brian Waters (x3 Pro Bowls) - that's what made their offense, not Saunder's focked up schemes. That offensive line during those years was the class of the league and kept Trent Green upright for the best years of his career. The Rams have nothing on the offensive line which even comes close. This game will always be won or lost in the trenches.

Well Said mambo. :rolleyes:

So obviously plugging Trent Green in for Bulger is a desperate move by a dead coach walking. But I have to think that Greens familiarity with Saunders system from his heyday in KC can provide some sort of spark for the Rams offense, near dead concussions and all. Saunders offense made a beast out of Holmes and LJ, I don't think the guys in Washington ever really picked it up and Bulger didn't have much time (this offseason and three games). S-Jax has said hes ready for 30+ carries this weekend. He almost busted for a long TD against the Giants (tripped on the turf) and last week nearly scored on a 50 yard catch. I think Natty Dreads is due for a big game in the coming weeks and will hopefully carry that momentum on.

Let's go 1 step futher, potentially. Accepting the premise that T. Green helps SJax, can T. Green become a servicable FF player? Bye wk fill in?

Scrambled eggs or T. Collins w/ Redskins(part duex)?

Tangibles: O Line sux, T.Green's concussion history, Decent playmaking options around, Familiarity w/ a successful offensive scheme.

I am hoping that Sjax and the rest of that team makes me feel like my decision to select him with my 1st round pick wasn't a major mistake.?.?

Does T. Green get sacked more or less than Bulger all things being equal? I would rather be playing Buffalo vs. Bulger than Green, but maybe that's because I remember Green when he was behind that stud offensive line and he rarely was sacked or made mistakes.

Sacks are king in my league at 2 pts each, Seattle had one sack last week vs. STL was that a fluke?

It certainly APPEARS to have helped SJax....for week 4 at least....with him getting big yards and his first TD of the season FINALLY! Hopefully his performance today will get me my first win!