Sign in to follow this  
pronghorn3

Mike Turner For B. Edwards

Mike Turner for B. Edwards  

11 members have voted

1. 1. YES or NO???

• Yes
    • No

I just posted an Edwards question myself. I think he'll come around, but Turner is lighting it up. Without seeing your roster, I'd say keep Turner. I'd go with a proven over a potential.

I just posted an Edwards question myself. I think he'll come around, but Turner is lighting it up. Without seeing your roster, I'd say keep Turner. I'd go with a proven over a potential.

Lineup - 12 teamer - 1PPR

Brees

Garrard

Gore

Turner

MJD

T. Higtower

J. Stewart

Brandon Marshall

Santurdio Holmes

Roddy White

Bryant Johnson

T. Sheffler

McMichaels

Longwell

Jags

Keep Michael Turner. Based on how leagues award points to RBs (1 per 10 yards) as opposed to WRs (1 per 25 yards), I'd go with a proven RB. Turner has games against the Raiders, Chargers (his old team, so that should mean something) and Broncos coming up, not the greatest of defenses, just good enough and I am not sold on Matt Ryan too much which would mean that they will rely on his arm a little less in his rookie year, so a lot of touches for Turner, not many looks for Braylon. Plus, the Browns have a more difficult schedule than the Falcons overall.

I think 25 receiving yards/point is pretty rare...that's close to what QBs get for passing yards. Most leagues I've seen keep it 10 yards/point.

This is a tough one. Trading Turner could be a good idea since we've seen him go crazy against lousy defenses and get stuffed by a good one; if you can get a more proven consistent performer at WR for that, I would take the deal, considering that Gore will keep you healthy all year and that MJD provides similar boom/bust potential to Turner, but a little more veteran.

However, at this point Braylon Edwards isn't that deal. He may go off this weekend and I think he'll improve, but I would only be comfortable trading Turner for someone with a good track record this season so far. I would target someone like Anquan Boldin or Greg Jennings instead, as both of them are great WRs who for some reason don't seem to get the same respect-by-name as other top guys like Fitz, Wayne, TO, etc. Of course, if you could grab one of the consensus leaders like TO, Wayne, or Marshall, then do that!

You should be able to get a much better WR than Edwards. Yes, Turner's only lit up bad D's, but he's only had 3 games! He's the top point getter in my leagues. That should warrant more than Edwards. Even on a bad day Turner is a solid RB2. And I expect Ryan will get better during the year to keep D's honest. Braylon has a tough schedule, and may have Quinn throwing to him. We have no idea what Quinn would do.

Personally I wouldn't trade Turner unless it was a great deal, but if you really want to see if you can get a better WR for him.