Sign in to follow this  
Zefram0911

Team Lacks Depth Almost Everywhere, Please Help!

My team and league is below and I start the guys in bold.

Record: (1-2) 12 team standard scoring, 1 ppr, non-keeper league w/ flex ALL TDs = 6points

We start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1RB/WR, 1WR/TE, 1K, 1DEF

QBs -- Brees, Favre,

RBs -- E Graham, Selvin Young, DeAngelo Williams, Ricky Williams, Sproles, Chestor Taylor

WR/TEs -- Wayne, Fitzgerald, T Gonzalez, Eddie Royal, Derrick Mason

K -- Prater

DEF -- Buffalo

Shockey, Engram and Kevin Curtis are on the waiver wire...

Do I pick up any one or more of these guys and who would I drop if I do?

Any other suggestions for my team?

Thanks, link yours and I'll try to answer also.

Looks to me like you desperately need a RB. Unfortunately you don't have much to trade with. You would probably have to part with a QB or a WR. If there is a team in your league with a surplus at RB and without a good starting QB or WR offer that Favre or Fitzgerald for a good RB.

If you trade Fitzgerald you could grab either Engram or Curtis (I would take either of them over Mason) when they get back (not sure how long they are going to be out).

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=326094

Yeah, those RBs are brutal. Looks like you went Wayne/Fitz/Brees with your first 3 picks?

I like Engram over Mason, so that's a drop I'd make. Mason is playing with a rookie QB on a run-heavy team; Engram will be Hasselback's preferred option. But buccs is right--you really need an upgrade at RB. Ideally you could get someone for Favre, but I don't think you have a chance at a true RB1 for one player unless you move Brees. Perhaps a package of Favre and Fitz could work; for example if there's a guy who's starting Jon Kitna and Braylon Edwards as his top options but holding onto Addai, Marshawn Lynch, and Matt Forte, you could probably send them both for Lynch or Addai.

It's going to be all about what the other managers in your league have. RB should be your top priority. If any of your backups blow up this week, sell sell sell them as soon as possible.

My team and league is below and I start the guys in bold.

Record: (1-2) 12 team standard scoring, 1 ppr, non-keeper league w/ flex ALL TDs = 6points

We start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1RB/WR, 1WR/TE, 1K, 1DEF

QBs -- Brees, Favre,

RBs -- E Graham, Selvin Young, DeAngelo Williams, Ricky Williams, Sproles, Chestor Taylor

WR/TEs -- Wayne, Fitzgerald, T Gonzalez, Eddie Royal, Derrick Mason

K -- Prater

DEF -- Buffalo

Shockey, Engram and Kevin Curtis are on the waiver wire...

Do I pick up any one or more of these guys and who would I drop if I do?

Any other suggestions for my team?

Thanks, link yours and I'll try to answer also.

You need to target a team rich in RB's and poor QB's. Try trading Favre and Eddie Royal for a good RB. You might be able to get Steven Jackson because people are low on him. Dont expect to get Marion Barber or Adrian Peterson, but you could get Portis, Addai, Willie Parker. If you have to throw ina 3rd RB option but whatever you do, get another RB via trade.

You need to target a team rich in RB's and poor QB's. Try trading Favre and Eddie Royal for a good RB. You might be able to get Steven Jackson because people are low on him. Dont expect to get Marion Barber or Adrian Peterson, but you could get Portis, Addai, Willie Parker. If you have to throw ina 3rd RB option but whatever you do, get another RB via trade.

I think everyone's hit the nail on the head in this thread. RB is obviously your biggest problem. If no one wants to trade I would definitely scoop up all 3 of those players on the WW. Sproles, Taylor and Mason are all expendable. Sproles and Taylor are really only "must haves" for handcuff purposes, and you don't own LT or AP. I say get rid of all 3 ASAP. Engram should be back for Week 5, Curtis and Shockey will take a while longer, but should help tremendously in the 2nd half of the season.