Sign in to follow this  
panthro

TE Help

My TE is Kelllen Winslow, who has just been hospitalized for an illness. I'm betting if he's in the hospital on Friday, he ain't playing on Sunday. Unfortunately this supposedly deep TE year has turned out to be not so much. I don't have a back up TE on my roster, but here are my choices in Free Agency in my league (by the way, scoring is 1 pt 20 yrds rec, .75 ppr, 6 pt. TD)

Alex Smith (Tampa) vs Carolina: I actually used him to fill Winslow's spot last week during the bye and he got one catch for like seven yards.

Zach Miller vs NO

John Carlson vs GB

L.J. Smith vs SF

Dustin Keller vs CIN

I kinda like Keller. I hear he's an amazing athlete and Favre is liking him more and more, but the Jets just have so many TE's I don't know how much play time he's going to see. Does anyone know if he's supposed to start like last week?

My next favorite here is Zach Miller, but still. . . Any help would be appreciated. Leave a link and I'll answer yours!

I had to grab a backup this week because of Gonzalez's bye, and had more or less the same crew from which to choose. Went with Zach Miller, though it was close between him and Keller. The deciding factor was similar to your concern: more people at the position in NJ, plus much better receivers than in Oakland. Might want to give Shiancoe a look too, as he's gotten more involved the past couple weeks for the Vikings, though it's entirely possible they don't throw a pass that whole Detroit game and win by three scores.

Would go w/ Keller. He's got something w/ Favre and is helping bail him out!

I also like Zach Miller, but would still take Keller over these guys.

same w/ these guys man, i don't mean to be a tag along, but I really like keller and miller over the rest of your bunch...I would hang on to making the decision until the very last second...winslow playing should be a better option, even though he's sick

i would definitley play ZACH MILLER because he will get the ball early and often -vs- saints pass d....da raiders don't have too many options...

i say he grabs 6 for 68 yds with a score.

good-luck

please see mine

My TE is Kelllen Winslow, who has just been hospitalized for an illness. I'm betting if he's in the hospital on Friday, he ain't playing on Sunday. Unfortunately this supposedly deep TE year has turned out to be not so much. I don't have a back up TE on my roster, but here are my choices in Free Agency in my league (by the way, scoring is 1 pt 20 yrds rec, .75 ppr, 6 pt. TD)

Alex Smith (Tampa) vs Carolina: I actually used him to fill Winslow's spot last week during the bye and he got one catch for like seven yards.

Zach Miller vs NO

John Carlson vs GB

L.J. Smith vs SF

Dustin Keller vs CIN

I kinda like Keller. I hear he's an amazing athlete and Favre is liking him more and more, but the Jets just have so many TE's I don't know how much play time he's going to see. Does anyone know if he's supposed to start like last week?

My next favorite here is Zach Miller, but still. . . Any help would be appreciated. Leave a link and I'll answer yours!

Thanks for the help on mine!

I like Z. Miller the most. Seems like Russell will now do as expected and lean on him a lot. If you aren't too keen on getting a piece of the action in Oakland, then I'd go with Keller. I think he's going to be the main TE in NY...Franks is nearly invisible and so is Baker. LJ is so inconsistent over the years and Philly has tons of weapons...Carlson has tailed off since the return of Engram, but may have some value with Branch already out again.

I think it's a toss up between Miller & Keller. Both are moving up on the TE list and both are looked in the red zone.

It's a tough call because they both have really good matchups and both teams have injured WRs.

I like Keller, but like I said, it's a toss up.

I like Miller vs. NO in a shootout. Best hope for a big game.

Thanks for mine. I ended up trading Chris Johson and McNabb for LT and Garrard btw.