Sign in to follow this  
DanXIII

"Main go-to WR" v. "Drawing all the double-coverage"

I recently placed Brandon Marshall on the trading block in my money league (I desperately need RB help). I was surprised at the reaction I got from most of the owners. Instead of, "Wow, he's a great receiver who'll be even better with Scheffler and Royal not taking away looks, what do you want for him?" I've been getting, "Bleh, he's just gonna draw all the double-teams now, he's not worth a good RB."

Where does this logic come from? I mean, I can understand it when it comes to a mediocre receiver, but come on. D's can't double-team a guy on EVERY play. Would TO not still be TO if Patrick Crayton went down? Would you bench Jennings if Donald Driver sprained a vagina? Does Plaxico Burress' production suffer when Amani Toomer can't go?

I don't get the logic. Am I off base, or is there really something to this "OMGZ DOUBLE COVERAGE HE SUCKS!111!!!!" talk?

uhhh... Some dude named Moss was pretty good last year with 2 and even 3 guys up his ass almost every play.

They are trying to low ball you. Marshall is a stud this year, if you can't get a good RB (which you said is a need for you) then hold off until next week and try again. I don't feel Marshall's stock will go down at all, it will only go up as Cutler continues to lock in on him. He's going to have a lot of blow up 160+ 2/3 td games and you will eventually get the RB you think you need.

Personally, not a chance in hell I'd move Baby TO if I owned him! GL

Lol...shows how much your league mates know about football. Marshall gets doubled even with Royal in there. It won't have an effect either way.