Sign in to follow this  
ivan852

Anyone who watched the Broncos game out there?

I didn't see it, but I had the NFL page up and I kept seeing "incomplete pass to Marshall" flash up.

Was Marshall dropping it or was he just covered too well? He still had 9/98, but I was hoping for a couple more.

He was covered pretty well, but Cutler kept forcing it to him. Had to because no one else was left to catch the ball after Stokley left early with an injury.

I didn't see it, but I had the NFL page up and I kept seeing "incomplete pass to Marshall" flash up.

Was Marshall dropping it or was he just covered too well? He still had 9/98, but I was hoping for a couple more.

He missed one that I remember he should have caught. The rest were because the receiving corp. is decimated (Stokley went down in the first half, royal is already out), because Marshall was double teamed, and/or because Cutler would get tunnel vision and telegraph his passes to Marshall. It was just an ugly game like the Chiefs game. I hate it when we get pass happy early.

It's actually amazing that Marshall got as many receptions as he did, considering he was double (and sometimes triple) teamed all day. There were several occasions where one of the TEs was wide open, but Cutler would force it to Marshall anyways. Martinez did get some targets once Stokley went out, but other than that Cutler was pretty predictable.

It's actually amazing that Marshall got as many receptions as he did, considering he was double (and sometimes triple) teamed all day. There were several occasions where one of the TEs was wide open, but Cutler would force it to Marshall anyways.

This has been my observation all year. Jay seems to be the "swing for the fence" type qb. He want's it all whether his receiver is covered well or not. I don't know how many times I have watched him try to force it in to double or even Triple coverage to Marshall 20-30 yards down the field, when 10 yards down the field is a WIDE OPEN TE (usually Graham). Extreme tunnel vision from what I have seen. The last few years it seemed like the Broncos would NOT take a shot down field for anything. Now it seems like they are trying to dip into that well a little too often if you ask me.

I think it will be a boom or bust year for Cutler as a fantasy QB.

It also doesn't help that his usual supects were hurt this week either. Scheffler, Royal, Stokely...