Sign in to follow this  
sinman2224

Rodgers for Forte?

I already have Brees and my RB's are Chris Johnson, Slayton, McGahee and Maroney....

I am looking to move Rodgers for some RB depth and the only person who really needs QB help is only willing to trade Grant straight up....

Should I do it or is Rodgers worth more to me as insurance for Brees with all the QB injuries this year.

Thanks

I might not be the right person to ask given that I found myself in a situation where I lost my starter and backup and am now in a bad way, but I think I'd hold onto Rodgers for now, at least to see if later you can do better than Grant. Grant received 33 carries last week and still only got 90 yards, and worse, no touchdowns. I'd hold out for something better and keep my insurance policy for now.

Thanks for mine!

Thanks for the advice...I was leaning towards keeping him....but I've entered negotiations with another team for Forte.

I've offered Rodgers and McGahee for Forte.....he is trying to get S. Smith from me as well....Here are the major players on our teams and can you guys figure out a trade that would work?

ME

QB: Brees, Rodgers

RB: Maroney, C. Johnson, Slayton, McGahee

WR: Wayne, S. Smith, DeSean Jackson

HIM

QB: Hasselbeck, Bulger

RB: Westbrook, Buckhalter, Forte, S. YOung

WR: A. Johnson, Fitz

You start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1Flex

I was thinking maybe I give Rodgers, Smith and Gayhee for Fitz and Forte.....??????

What do you think?

If you can get that package with Fitz i'd do it, but I doubt he'd accept. Him dealing forte leaves him without a number 2 RB so I think it's going to be a hard buy for you. McGahee is too much of an injury risk to take the deal without an addition and thats probably why he wants Smith as well.

I can't really figure out a good deal for both of you other than maybe Rodgers, Desean, Slaton for Fitz, Forte and one of his QBs.

And I don't know if that's even worth it for you, but you get an upgrade at WR and RB, he gets a QB and a 2nd Rb.

Check mine please:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=328732

I think it'd be a hard sell because Fitz is so good, but it could possibly happen. He really, really needs a QB given that the Rams are horrible and Hass is out at least week 7. Rodgers would be a vast improvement, but he loses (slightly) on Smith, and hugely on Forte/McGahee. I would probably hesitate to take the trade if I were him, because he might be able to scrounge someone serviceable off the waiver wire or get someone pretty decent (Schaub, Orton, etc.) for less. Maybe he's not the ideal trading partner.

k. He offered Forte for Rodgers and slayton. I was trying to keep slayton...but is this a bad deal....idk if it helps me all that much....but it is an upgrade....

on a side note I was also offered LT to Chris Johnson and Rodgers.....I'd hate to part with Johnson but it's LT...???

I'm thinking I should just stand pat on what I have...I am 6-0, but I'm just trying to be proactive since I've basically been doing it with 2 rookie RB's who are gonna be inconsistent with no real stud.

Thanks for mine. You're in the same predicament I'm in. I'm 4-2 and the points leader and owe a lot of it to Forte and Slaton with Westbrook hurt. But I keep hearing about this rookie wall and it makes me nervous. I've heard the opinon that Forte is the least likely to hit a rookie wall because the Bears will keep feeding him so the numbers should come anyway. No backup for Brees would make me nervous, especially since you're undefeated and don't need to take any unnecessary risks. But Bulger should be better moving ahead. Would he throw in Bulger on the Forte for Rodgers, Slaton swap? Then I'd probably do it.

Thanks for mine. You're in the same predicament I'm in. I'm 4-2 and the points leader and owe a lot of it to Forte and Slaton with Westbrook hurt. But I keep hearing about this rookie wall and it makes me nervous. I've heard the opinon that Forte is the least likely to hit a rookie wall because the Bears will keep feeding him so the numbers should come anyway. No backup for Brees would make me nervous, especially since you're undefeated and don't need to take any unnecessary risks. But Bulger should be better moving ahead. Would he throw in Bulger on the Forte for Rodgers, Slaton swap? Then I'd probably do it.

Grant Blows...you should be able to get more than Grant for Rodgers...Grant has yet to get into the endzone this year and was my 1st pick in our 1 keeper league...he touched the ball 30 times and no end zone...Rodgers of all people is stealing end zone touches for Grant...Imagine that...Stay pat...there is a reason you are 6-0

I dont think the Slaton/Rodgers deal is an upgrade. Forte is just as good as Slaton, and you'd be losing a serviceable QB. You can get more than Forte for Rodgers and Slaton.