Sign in to follow this  
tony hardware

The Ghosts of Fenway; beware 12:16 AM

The bewitching hour . . . October 17, 2003, 12:16 AM Aaron Boone famously deposits one in left field bleachers to end game seven and send the Red Sox home from the ALCS. (And I leave the bar without getting any). October 17, 2008, 12:16 AM JD Drew deposits one over the head of Gabe Gross in right field at Fenway extending the series to 3-2. (And I got to bed without getting any). Coincidence? I think not! 12:16 AM on October 17, 2008, beware! The ghosts of baseball past return to the present hallowed grounds, affect the outcome of a major series and then scare away all the women so the men folk don't get any.

3-1 New York led the ALCS in 2004. Sox win WS. 3-1 Cleveland led the ALCS in 2007. Sox win WS. 3-1 Rays led the ALCS in 2008. It's now 3-2 . . . see a pattern? Beware Tampa . . . the ghosts of Fenway past are haunting their next victim and you're not getting any!

PS - Tampa sucks worse than the Yankees, you can't even fill a stadium.

I went to law school in Tampa. This was about 5 years ago.

You could find Devil Rays tickets anywhere. Nobody ever wanted to go. I had a buddy that used to go to Tropicana Field with his books and study in the outfield stands. He says it was reasonably quiet, and you could watch the "action" when you wanted to take a break.

I hope the Rays close out the Sox and beat the Phillies, just cause I like to pull for the pathetic underdog, but they really are a joke franchise in a joke sport.

I hope the Rays close out the Sox and beat the Phillies, just cause I like to pull for the pathetic underdog, but they really are a joke franchise in a joke sport.

another testament to your retardedness