Sign in to follow this  
cooolbreeze

How keeper leagues work...

My league has become a keeper league this year for the first time. I'm not sure how we are going to set it up. I've done keeper leagues in baseball but not football. Should there be any differences?

For instance, in baseball if you keep your 1st round pick, you don't get a pick that round. If you keep your 8th round pick, you don't get a pick in that round.

Is there any reason it shouldn't be that way in football? We are only going to keep one player but I'm not sure if it's going to work like I wrote above or we're all just going to keep one player and then redraft everyone else with everyone getting a pick in every round.

What does everyone think

My keeper league works the way you described it, but we keep 3 players. I like it that way because there is more strategy involved in using your late round picks on guys that may be great keepers next year (i.e. I drafted Turner last year even though I didn't have LT).

If you can only keep one player, you would most likely want to keep your best player regardless of value. The round picked may help when deciding between similar players though.

My league has become a keeper league this year for the first time. I'm not sure how we are going to set it up. I've done keeper leagues in baseball but not football. Should there be any differences?

For instance, in baseball if you keep your 1st round pick, you don't get a pick that round. If you keep your 8th round pick, you don't get a pick in that round.

Is there any reason it shouldn't be that way in football? We are only going to keep one player but I'm not sure if it's going to work like I wrote above or we're all just going to keep one player and then redraft everyone else with everyone getting a pick in every round.

What does everyone think

Um, if you haven't set it up by now, why bother? The keeper rules you set up may have a huge impact on trades / waiver moves as teams set up for next year. I would get the rules figured out and put them in place for next year's draft.

My auction keeper is 20% above auction value from previous year, player can be kept for a maximum of three years. Undrafted/bought (IE free agent pickups) players cannot be kept.