Sign in to follow this  
BNJ

Ryan Torain - Good bet or wasted roster spot?

Title pretty much says it all - do you think Ryan Torain will get carries now that he's healthy or will he be a non-factor in the Denver offense?

I'm not optimistic on him and wouldn't drop anyone of substance for him, but if you have enough roster spots to keep a 5th or 6th running back, why not? I'd rather have him than a backup tight end or a going-nowhere "starter" like Cedric Benson.

One thing that is predictable about Shanny is that Torain will at least get a shot in the starting gig before the season ends. Don't know when and most likely it will be the week that Shanny says he's disappointed in Torain but that's the way he operates. I bet you he tapes the signals of other teams, too.

Never say never in the Denver RB situation, but I wouldn't count on him either. I've owned Pittman and A Hall this year and they have all been disappointing, meaning that there is an opportunity with Shanahan.

Depending on your roster, he might be worth a flyer to pick up. Good luck!

Please see mine: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=331118

I'm thinking about adding Torain, Green-Ellis, or maybe Kevin Faulk. Thoughts on which of these guys will have the biggest impact?

I would like to have Torain for the remainder of the season, but realistically would like to have Faulk for this week since it looks like Morris is out this week and Jordan will be questionable at best.

Any thoughts?

I'm thinking about adding Torain, Green-Ellis, or maybe Kevin Faulk. Thoughts on which of these guys will have the biggest impact?

I would like to have Torain for the remainder of the season, but realistically would like to have Faulk for this week since it looks like Morris is out this week and Jordan will be questionable at best.

Any thoughts?

I'd take faulk for this week for sure. He's definitely going to get the ball and is facing a very poor run D. Long term Faulk's outlook isnt so hot with Morris probably returning next week.

I'm not optimistic on him and wouldn't drop anyone of substance for him, but if you have enough roster spots to keep a 5th or 6th running back, why not? I'd rather have him than a backup tight end or a going-nowhere "starter" like Cedric Benson.

Exactly how I see it. He probably won't live up to the hype. But he could...so if you have the luxury of putting him on the roster, do it. But don't drop anything of value. I would drop backs like Fred Taylor, Benson, or McFadden (DMC if in redraft), or backup Ds, TEs, or 5th+ WRs for a chance at a spark at RB, though.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=331238 -help me?

if you have the luxury of putting him on the roster, do it. But don't drop anything of value. I would drop backs like Fred Taylor, Benson, or McFadden (DMC if in redraft), or backup Ds, TEs, or 5th+ WRs for a chance at a spark at RB, though.

So you mean I could drop Edge and add Torain? Done.

Sure wouldn't drop Edge for him

Let me put it to you this way - if Torain sat on the bench and gave me a 0 it would be better than the -1 Edge gave me last week.

I rest my case, my friend.