Sign in to follow this  
quentinfox

Steve Smith or Matt Forte

I'm solid at both positions without either of them... that said, who would you rather have long term and why?

The think I like about Smith is that he is physical and explosive. He's a fierce competitor and clearly Delhomme's favorite target. He gets lots of looks and will continue to get them. He also seems to perform no matter who he's playing against.

Looks like Forte is going to be one of those workshorse backs who gets the ball all over the field. He gets lots of touches and is a good receiver (which I like). And he's younger.

So, what do you all think? Thanks for the input.

I agree. Steve Smith is a proven performer year in and year out. Matt Forte is brand new and while he's having a great season there have been many running backs that have done that only to become mediocre/average the next year or 2 years later.

I'm going to go the other way and say Forte in a dynasty. He looks like one of the rare backs that can do it all - carries, catches, pass block. I'll admit I don't watch any Bears games, but from I understand he's not just a 2 down back. That is getting rare these days. While Smith is a great talent, he does get banged up allot, and really depends on Delhomme to be successful. And Delhomme's not getting any younger.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=331321

Tough call, you could make an agument for either side.

For this season, I would rather have Steve Smith.

But I'll go with Forte in a dynasty league for 2 reasons.

1) He is younger

2) He plays at RB and seems to be effective running or catching the ball out of the backfield. He is a 3 down player, which is getting rare at the RB position.