Sign in to follow this  
ramblin'wreck

Chis Johnson during the FF Playoff

Tennessee remains unbeaten. They are 3 games up from teams with the next best record (NE 6-3, PIT 6-3, NYJ 6-3, and BAL 6-3) in the AFC. If they continue to pile up wins, they will lock up a playoff spot and home field throughout the playoff soon. In that situation, they will likely bench Chris Johnson, possibly in weeks 16 and 17 (may even be week 15).

Does anyone else also see it would happen that way? Should I deal Chris Johnson now while his values is high (let's forget the CHI game)? What kind of WR or RB should I expect in return?

They'll lose some games for sure (maybe this Sunday to JAX) so I doubt they'll be benching CJ3 as early as week 15. My league's SB is week 16 so even if he gets benched in week 17, it shouldn't be a factor.

I think its a legitimate concern....I dont know the answer to it either...I do have Lenwhale, so im hoping they "make it known" if they do rest CJ so that I can just ride the whale home...

I think its a legitimate concern....I dont know the answer to it either...I do have Lenwhale, so im hoping they "make it known" if they do rest CJ so that I can just ride the whale home...

Wouldn't it make sense to rest the Whale as well..? The duo is what got them to this point.

I would think they'd put in Chris Henry with maybe one of their FBs for short yardage if needed. But really, who the fock knows? :first:

There's a fine line between rested & rusty come playoff time.

Even though CJ3 and LenWhale play in TEN's weeks 15 and 16.. they won't be in there for 4 quarters if the Titans have already locked up the home field.. Now will you want to take a chance and put one of them in your line up in the most important game(s) of your fantasy football season?

I'd say deal them now if you can get great values in return.

Even though CJ3 and LenWhale play in TEN's weeks 15 and 16.. they won't be in there for 4 quarters if the Titans have already locked up the home field.. Now will you want to take a chance and put one of them in your line up in the most important game(s) of your fantasy football season?

I'd say deal them now if you can get great values in return.

Yea...I suppose its a distinct possibility....

I DO think the colts could win out....SD, CLV, CIN, DET, JAX, and then finish off with TEN.

A BIG prob is that with IND having 4 loses already, TEN would have to seriously lose 2 games in the next 3-4 games to even need to fight hard to fend of an Indy team that wins out from here....

I really can't see TEN losing many games this year.. look at their remaining schedule..

Week 11 TEN @ JAC

Week 12 NYJ @ TEN

Week 13 TEN @ DET

Week 14 CLE @ TEN

Week 15 TEN @ HOU

Week 16 PIT @ TEN

Week 17 TEN @ IND

Someone said they'd lose at JAC this weekend.. I don't think so.. I think the Titans D line will dominate JAC's O line all day long. NYJ may be a tough opponent, but I think they can win at home.. after that it's a cakewalk until week 16.. by that time they could be at 15-0 and there is no need to risk injury to their star players.

Tennessee remains unbeaten. They are 3 games up from teams with the next best record (NE 6-3, PIT 6-3, NYJ 6-3, and BAL 6-3) in the AFC. If they continue to pile up wins, they will lock up a playoff spot and home field throughout the playoff soon. In that situation, they will likely bench Chris Johnson, possibly in weeks 16 and 17 (may even be week 15).

Does anyone else also see it would happen that way? Should I deal Chris Johnson now while his values is high (let's forget the CHI game)? What kind of WR or RB should I expect in return?

From Peter Kings MMQB notes:

2. Tennessee (9-0). So who's going to beat the Titans now? The remaining sked: at Jacksonville, Jets, at Detroit, Cleveland, at Houston, Pittsburgh, at Indianapolis. Imagine if the Titans are 15-0 heading into Indianapolis. I don't care if the Colts are in it, out of it or have a playoff seed wrapped up, Dungy will play his guys. As will Jeff Fisher. He told me after the game Sunday, "We'll play our players'' for 16 games. No rest for the Titans.

I really can't see TEN losing many games this year.. look at their remaining schedule..

Week 11 TEN @ JAC

Week 12 NYJ @ TEN

Week 13 TEN @ DET

Week 14 CLE @ TEN

Week 15 TEN @ HOU

Week 16 PIT @ TEN

Week 17 TEN @ IND

Someone said they'd lose at JAC this weekend.. I don't think so.. I think the Titans D line will dominate JAC's O line all day long. NYJ may be a tough opponent, but I think they can win at home.. after that it's a cakewalk until week 16.. by that time they could be at 15-0 and there is no need to risk injury to their star players.

that would be best case scenario for CJ3 owners (worst case for us non-CJ3 owners)..if they are actually going for an undefeated season, they will play their players, just like NE did last year.

12-1 going into week 15 against HOU with a 3 game lead on the rest of the league, that's when you definitely gotta worry.

From Peter Kings MMQB notes:

2. Tennessee (9-0). So who's going to beat the Titans now? The remaining sked: at Jacksonville, Jets, at Detroit, Cleveland, at Houston, Pittsburgh, at Indianapolis. Imagine if the Titans are 15-0 heading into Indianapolis. I don't care if the Colts are in it, out of it or have a playoff seed wrapped up, Dungy will play his guys. As will Jeff Fisher. He told me after the game Sunday, "We'll play our players'' for 16 games. No rest for the Titans.

Dungy is the worst abuser of resting his players.

Listen Jeff Fisher is a smart guy and one of the best coaches in the NFL. All he has to do is look back to last year and see resting your players isn't always the best idea. Resting them if you're up big late in the Game Week 16 and 17? Yes, I could see that but I don't see him resting players completely. He wants to go into the playoffs hot. Not to mention, the Titans will get their rest with the bye. I think the starters play and will come out once the game is in hand during the late weeks.

Unless its a dynasty where you can keep him it might make sense.

Remember he's a rookie whos has been seeing a lot of ball. History tells us that rookies get worn down and don't perform as well down the stretch.

There are exceptions though and Chris Johnson certainly could be one. Tough call.

Wouldn't it make sense to rest the Whale as well..? The duo is what got them to this point.

I would think they'd put in Chris Henry with maybe one of their FBs for short yardage if needed. But really, who the fock knows? :thumbsup:

There's a fine line between rested & rusty come playoff time.

didn't even suit up 2 weeks ago - Quinton Ganther fb would receive more touches IMO.

How early could they possibly start resting him though? Keep in mind that the Titans will have the bye so I don't see them resting players until Week 16 at the earliest. I think coaches realize that resting players can actually hurt you not help you when it comes to the playoffs (see Giants last year). Now Week 16 is a tough matchup against the Steelers and the Championship game in fantasy land. Prior to that however he has awesome matchups that he'll be must start in.

He plays Jacksonville, Jets, Lions, Browns and Texans. Those last three matchups are especially juicy. I have Ronnie Brown as a backup so I'll ride CJ3 all the way to the Championship game and plug in Ronnie Brown (at Kansas City) for him then. I'm holding onto him.

How early could they possibly start resting him though? Keep in mind that the Titans will have the bye so I don't see them resting players until Week 16 at the earliest. I think coaches realize that resting players can actually hurt you not help you when it comes to the playoffs (see Giants last year). Now Week 16 is a tough matchup against the Steelers and the Championship game in fantasy land. Prior to that however he has awesome matchups that he'll be must start in.

He plays Jacksonville, Jets, Lions, Browns and Texans. Those last three matchups are especially juicy. I have Ronnie Brown as a backup so I'll ride CJ3 all the way to the Championship game and plug in Ronnie Brown (at Kansas City) for him then. I'm holding onto him.

This is really a good point....if you got a better play week 16 do it, and if he is getting a lighter workload at that point then its just butter.

And he does have some nice ass matchups going forward until 16.