Sign in to follow this  
usurpers26

Sample Constitution

1. INJURED RESERVE --> Each team gets 1 IR spot. A player must be listed as "IR" or "Out" on the official NFL injury report to be put on IR.

2. DRAFT --> There will be a yearly Rookie & Free Agent Draft which will take place sometime after the NFL Draft but before the start of the NFL Preseason. The exact date will be decided by a poll among the league's owners to determine the most convenient time for the majority of league members. The draft itself will consist of 3 Rounds which will go 1-12,1-12,1-12 with the order based on the prior year's results (worst-first). This can obviously change if we determine some sort of toilet bowl, etc.

3. FREE AGENT WAIVERS --> Waiver Request from kickoff of the first game of the week through Wednesday 11:30 PM ET. Then first come, first served through kickoff of the first game of the following week. When a player is dropped he is locked for a 2 day period – this allows all owners a chance to notice said player was dropped.

Waivers end on week 17 kickoff. It is important to note that Free Agent Waivers will be closed WITHOUT EXCEPTION at the kickoff of Week 17 every year and will remain closed until the completion of the Annual Rookie Draft. This is an attempt to preserve a pool Free Agent Veterans who are "draftable".

4. DIVISIONS --> There are 2 divisions of 6 teams.

5. REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE --> We will use a 13 week schedule. You’ll play each team in your division twice & 3 random teams from the other divisions once.

6. PLAYOFFS & SUPER BOWL --> The playoffs will begin in week 14 of The NFL Regular Season. They will consist of the top 3 teams in each division (determined by: record, head to head, division record, points scored). The 2 division winners will receive a bye in week 14. You can see the playoff brackets here: http://football40.myfantasyleague.com/2008...=63437&O=79

The Super Bowl will then be held in week 16 of The NFL Regular Season. There will also be a 3rd place game in week 16.

7. COLLUSION --> If collusion between 2 or more team owners is suspected a vote will be held by all team owners not suspected. The vote will simply be Guilty or Innocent. God forbid you are found guilty, the transaction will be reversed.

8. TRADING OF FUTURE DRAFT PICKS --> Future draft picks can be traded with no cash penalty – yet. If we experience regular owner turnover, we will have to require one quarter of the league fees for the future draft picks that were traded - paid immediately (non refundable). Example: If you trade a 2010 and 2011 draft pick you would owe $25 for each year ($50 total).

9. ADDING/CHANGING A RULE --> In order to add or change a rule/scoring a vote must be held by all team owners. If there is a tie after voting, my vote (Mr. Nasty) will count as 2.

10. ENTRY FEE --> The entry fee is $100 per year. Owners can pay via PayPal to: usurpers26@xxxxxxx.net For PayPal, I ask that you send $105.00 to cover the costs that PayPal takes out. Owners call also pay via check if they wish. For check, e-mail me and I will send you my mailing information. The entry fee can be paid at any time after the conclusion of the season at the convenience of the owner. However, I will set a deadline of July 15th each year for receipt of payment. If I do not receive your entry fee by July 15th, a new owner will be found for your team. Also, if the draft begins before July 15th, while it is not absolutely necessary, it would be considerate to pay before drafting if at all possible.

11. PRIZES (All Money Left After MFL is Paid) --> Champion = $700; Runner-Up= $300; 3rd Place = $125

12. WEEKLY RESULTS --> Fantasy Game Results are FINAL at Tuesday night at 8 p.m. Results will not be changed for any reason once this time passes. Owners are responsible for notifying the commissioner of stat changes should they occur. I will not seek out every little change that happens during the week. I would also ask that if it is not a major difference, please do not make a big deal about it. (A change in who scored a TD is important. A change from 83 rushing yards to 84 is not.) The official source of stats for our league is our website, myfantasyleague.com.

13. TECHNICAL PROBLEMS --> In the event that for some reason the website is not working on Sunday morning and you need to make a last second line-up change, please e-mail both myself and your opponent to alert us about the change. I will make your line-up correction when I get a chance. Obviously, the e-mails must be time-stamped before the kickoff of ANY games which your players are involved in.

14. HUMAN ERROR --> If you make a transaction mistake, you must post on the message board within 5 minutes of the transaction time-stamp on the website for it to be rolled back. It is your responsibility to verify your transactions before and after submittal.

15. TRADE AGREEMENT --> In order to avoid a he said/he said situation, trades must be consummated on the website to be official. Agreement by any other medium is not binding.

16. TRADE DEADLINE --> During the season the trade deadline will be the kick off of Week 11. At that time, trading will be shut off until it re-opens in the off season. It will be reopened on January 1st each year. So the trading window will be roughly a 10 month period each year.

This is what we have for my other first year dynasty. It's already been amended and will be amended again for next season as we are going IDP...but you get the point.

those rules are way too simple and straight forward. we need way more rules for out convoluted league.

1. INJURED RESERVE --> Each team gets 2 IR spots. A player must be listed as "IR" on the official NFL injury report to be put on IR.

2. DRAFT --> There will be a yearly Rookie & Free Agent Draft which will take place sometime after the NFL Draft but before the start of the NFL Preseason. The exact date will be decided by a poll among the league's owners to determine the most convenient time for the majority of league members. The draft itself will consist of 5 Rounds which will go 1-12,12-1,1-12,12-1,1-12 with the order based on the prior year's results (worst-first).

3. FREE AGENT WAIVERS --> Nobody understands how this exactly works, so just bid your fake $$ until edjr decided the waivers are closed for the year. Also there is no free agents for some odd reason.

4. DIVISIONS --> There are 3 divisions of 4 teams.

5. REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE --> We will use a 13 week schedule, the 13th being a double header week. You’ll play each team in your division 2 times & teams from the other division once. Until we figure out how to make the schedule, you'll play the same team twice in a row (weeks 12 and 13)

6. PLAYOFFS & SUPER BOWL --> The playoffs will begin in week 14 of The NFL Regular Season. They will consist of the top 3 teams in each division (determined by: record, points scored, or whatever edjr changes). The top 2 division winners will receive a bye in week 14. The week 15 match-up's will be played by the lowest remaining seed against the top seed, and the other two remaining seeds will play one another.

7. COLLUSION --> If collusion between 2 or more team owners is suspected everyone quits.

8. TRADING OF FUTURE DRAFT PICKS --> Future draft picks can be traded with no cash penalty.

9. ADDING/CHANGING A RULE --> In order to add or change a rule/scoring a vote must be held by all team owners. If there is a tie after voting, my vote (edjr) will count as 2.

10. ENTRY FEE --> The entry fee is $50 per year. Owners can pay via PayPal to: edjr@xxxxxxx.net For PayPal, I ask that you send $52.00 to cover the costs that PayPal takes out. Owners call also pay via check if they wish. For check, e-mail me and I will send you my mailing information. The entry fee can be paid at any time after the conclusion of the season at the convenience of the owner. You will also need to pay a 25$ deposit, so when you quit we can replace you for half price. Only half the league will pay this, so don't bother.

11. PRIZES (All Money Left After MFL is Paid) --> Champion = $245; Runner-Up= $100; 3rd Place = $50; Weekly winner = $10

12. WEEKLY RESULTS --> Fantasy Game Results are FINAL at Tuesday night at 8 p.m. Results will not be changed for any reason once this time passes. Owners are responsible for notifying the commissioner of stat changes should they occur. I will not seek out every little change that happens during the week. I would also ask that if it is not a major difference, please do not make a big deal about it. (A change in who scored a TD is important. A change from 83 rushing yards to 84 is not.) The official source of stats for our league is our website, myfantasyleague.com.

13. TECHNICAL PROBLEMS --> In the event that for some reason the website is not working on Sunday morning and you need to make a last second line-up change, please e-mail both myself and your opponent to alert us about the change. I will make your line-up correction when I get a chance. Obviously, the e-mails must be time-stamped before the kickoff of ANY games which your players are involved in.

14. HUMAN ERROR --> If you make a transaction mistake, you must post on the message board within 5 minutes of the transaction time-stamp on the website for it to be rolled back. It is your responsibility to verify your transactions before and after submittal.

15. TRADE AGREEMENT --> In order to avoid a he said/he said situation, trades must be consummated on the website to be official. Agreement by any other medium is not binding.

16. TRADE DEADLINE --> During the season the trade deadline will be the kick off of Week 11. At that time, trading will be shut off until it re-opens in the off season. It will be reopened on January 1st each year. So the trading window will be roughly a 10 month period each year.