Sign in to follow this  
scasarano

Man I need some help with my lineup this week!

Here is my planned lineup but I am still having trouble deciding:

QB - Warner vs MIN

RB - P. Thomas @ CHI

RB - Portis @ CIN

WR - Wayne vs. DET

WR - Welker @ OAK

TE - Z. Miller vs. NE

FLEX1 - S. Jackson vs SEA

FLEX2 - B. Marshall @ CAR

D - NYG

K - Carney

My Bench has the following:

R. Grant @ JAX

R. Bush @ CHI

M. Cassel @ OAK

D. Mason vs. PIT

D. Bess vs. SF

I am trying to decide between Bush and Thomas on Thursday night. PT seems like the surer thing based on his performance the past few weeks. Also a little hesistant on Portis or Grant based on Portis' recent performance.

QB - Warner vs MIN

RB - P. Thomas @ CHI

RB - Portis @ CIN

WR - Wayne vs. DET

WR - Welker @ OAK

TE - Z. Miller vs. NE

D - NYG

K - Carney

R. Grant @ JAX

R. Bush @ CHI

M. Cassel @ OAK

D. Mason vs. PIT

D. Bess vs. SF

I am trying to decide between Bush and Thomas on Thursday night. PT seems like the surer thing based on his performance the past few weeks. Also a little hesistant on Portis or Grant based on Portis' recent performance.

Don't worry about Portis. There is a current article on foxsports.com about some remarks Portis made concerning his playing time last week and Coach Zorn in general. Portis said that he would be a PARTICIPANT in practice this week and will be the every down back he has been all season prior to last week on Sunday. I would start Reggie over PT, but that is just because Bush loves the lights and this is a Thursday night game.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=335871

hold on ... it's PPR and you are seriously thinking Thomas over Bush? I know Bush has yet to have a lights out game since coming back, but Bush is the PPR King. You must start Bush over Thomas without question (again, we are talking PPR league here).

Your Grant vs Portis decision can wait until the weekend (I'll respond again once I have had some more time to think about it).

Ignorance is bliss; but what the heck is a PPR league? I'm assuming points for punt return?

Regardless, I don't get points off anything from a Bush / P. Thomas perspective other than rushing, receiving, TD's. I've got the same dilemma and currently have Bush in my lineup. I'm going with this for a couple of reasons. Look at his number of touches over the past 2 weeks and see that he went from missing a month, to low carries, to medium carries, and hopefully come Thursday night, alot of touches. I like Thomas alot, and even though my gut is continually making me 2nd guess who to start, I still have to say that Bush is back and too big to sit in a playoff game.

Ignorance is bliss; but what the heck is a PPR league? I'm assuming points for punt return?

P=Points

P=Per

R=Reception

Since Bush averages around 6+ receptions per game when healthy, this is a serious added value. Most PPR leagues give an addition 0.5 or 1.0 points per reception.

As a Bears fan, the Chicago Defense's one major weakness (among many other things) is screen passes to the RB.

I'd go Bush.

QB - Warner vs MIN

RB - P. Thomas @ CHI

RB - Portis @ CIN

WR - Wayne vs. DET

WR - Welker @ OAK

TE - Z. Miller vs. NE

D - NYG

K - Carney

R. Grant @ JAX

R. Bush @ CHI

M. Cassel @ OAK

D. Mason vs. PIT

D. Bess vs. SF

IN a PPR league, I would have to go with Reggie....I wouldn't be surprised if all his touches are the short screens, flares and flats that he is known for.