Sign in to follow this  
fanfootballtn

Matt Schaub

I just picked up Matt Schaub in 3 leagues for the Championship game this week. I think he will have a game similar to Matt Cassell against Oakland. Two weeks in a row the Raiders will be door Matts for the opposing team. Anyone else thinking about using this strategy. I also have Brees against Detroit but I still picked up Schaub to keep my opponent from getting him.

I just picked up Matt Schaub in 3 leagues for the Championship game this week. I think he will have a game similar to Matt Cassell against Oakland. Two weeks in a row the Raiders will be door Matts for the opposing team. Anyone else thinking about using this strategy. I also have Brees against Detroit but I still picked up Schaub to keep my opponent from getting him.

Schaub should be a solid play, but the key to the Pats success was spreading the ball around. The Houston passing game relies heavily on Andre Johnson and Asomugha certainly isn't a cupcake corner. I think most Houston's success will come on the ground with Slaton. I certainly intend to start Brees over Schaub and it seems like you are thinking the same. I would definitely pick up Schaub to avoid having to face him, though.

I'm just curious as to why he's on the waiver wire . . .

My other options are Delhomme and Ryan. I will be trying to pick Schaub up as well.

I also have Owens and Walter so I may have too many eggs in one basket.