Sign in to follow this  
Carl Eller's Dead Liver

Dynasty Trade - Please Help

Trade  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Should I go through with the trade?

• Yes, trade for the #1 overall pick (Crabtree)
    • No, hold onto Pierre Thomas, Cotchery, and the #11 overall pick

Should I pull the trigger on this trade?

I would get the #1 overall pick in our upcoming dyanasty league, which I would obviously select Michael Crabtree. I would have to give up Pierre Thomas (4 contract years left at $1), Cotchery (5 contract years left at $4), and the #11 overall pick in the draft.

I am set up really well in this league, but I am flip-flopping on what to do. It is a PPR leauge and I have a SOLID squad. My RB's are Reggie Bush, Clinton Portis, Chris Johnson, Jonathan Stewart, and Pierre Thomas. My WR's are Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, DeWayne Bowe, Lee Evans, and J. Cotchery.

The guy with the #1 overall pick needs serious help at both WR and RB....and on top of that he is really in a bad salary cap situation. He would gain two starting players (Thomas & Cotchery) and also save salary cap money. The #1 overall pick is $15 and the 11th pick is only $6.

Do I do this trade? Is getting Crabtree going to help me given I have Johnson, Johnson, and Bowe as my 3 starting WR's for the next 6 years? OR is giving up Thomas too much of a risk given that Bush is injury prone and Portis is getting older. I do have Chris Johnson and Stewart at RB as well. What should I do??

Should I pull the trigger on this trade?

I would get the #1 overall pick in our upcoming dyanasty league, which I would obviously select Michael Crabtree. I would have to give up Pierre Thomas (4 contract years left at $1), Cotchery (5 contract years left at $4), and the #11 overall pick in the draft.

I am set up really well in this league, but I am flip-flopping on what to do. It is a PPR leauge and I have a SOLID squad. My RB's are Reggie Bush, Clinton Portis, Chris Johnson, Jonathan Stewart, and Pierre Thomas. My WR's are Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, DeWayne Bowe, Lee Evans, and J. Cotchery.

The guy with the #1 overall pick needs serious help at both WR and RB....and on top of that he is really in a bad salary cap situation. He would gain two starting players (Thomas & Cotchery) and also save salary cap money. The #1 overall pick is $15 and the 11th pick is only $6.

Do I do this trade? Is getting Crabtree going to help me given I have Johnson, Johnson, and Bowe as my 3 starting WR's for the next 6 years? OR is giving up Thomas too much of a risk given that Bush is injury prone and Portis is getting older. I do have Chris Johnson and Stewart at RB as well. What should I do??

Crabtree has some skills, but there's no guarentee he's going to pan out in the NFL. There have been plenty of top-flight WRs who haven't lived up to billing. By giving up Thomas and Cotchery you're giving up two relatively solid bench guys (more so with Thomas) and losing cap space to boot. I'd rather hold on to inexpensive relatively quality performers (especially Thomas who's great value at $1 and gives you good insurance for Bush) than a more expensive guy with no real guarentee that he'll pan out in the NFL...at least that's how I see it.

thats too much for the 1.1 imo. You could do this and be ok with your depth, and if you believe that Crabtree will become an elite WR. My opinion is that Cotchery and Pierre alone are well worth the 1.1