Sign in to follow this  
BMoney

***Les Officielle 2009 NHL trade deadline thread***

Wings are really close to the cap, plus they have enough depth that they sent helm and leino back to Grand Rapids to call up Aaron Downey and Jonathon Ericcson. The Detroit franchise is so stabile, efficient, and competent that its scary.

and their key is having 2 goalies for less than 1 khabibulin....osgodd has won cups and conklin has been to 2 cup finals....

these other teams that have so much money locked in goalies seem to be waiving/trading..whatever...

and i skipped over the sens acquiring a goalie..are they going to just stick with brian elliot or not? the kid is great....sure..he had 2 1st periods where he got bombed..so has conklin..i dont see the wings trading him....the sens think they are still in it?

trading a 1st in the comrie deal...getting a goalie..wow..

Boston gets Mark Recchi and a pick for Matt Lashoff and Martins Karsums..a couple of players i know nothing about. I think this move by Boston is a classic move for a team in their position. Good veteran presence, great on the PP. Unless one of the guys they gave up was the second coming of Orr or even O'Reilly there really isnt a downside to this for the B's.

They are still gonna lose to the Habs in the second round.

Pens get Bill Guerin for a draft pick. <yawn> if this was a few years ago, it would be yet another reason to hate the Penguins

Very quiet this year, last year with the Hossapalooza was a lot more exciting. I'm guessing Gainey thinks he has the team to get us to the second round again. :)

He'll probably trade Halak for a 2nd rounder.

yay! i no longer have to stay up late or dvr to see danny carcillo scrap....the flyers NEED another tough guy? (though this guy is a lot better than ryan clowe..who i dont think even knows where the puck is on the ice)..

antropov to the rangers.....for a 2nd rd and conditional....why not..1 less thing for don cherry to whine about...now, do something with Pocahonski....

wow..the rangers are stepping it up....

trading prucha, kalinin and dawes to hamilton(ok, phoenix) for derek morris.....

Nice. Sabres picked up Dominic Moore from Toronto for a 2nd rounder. :)

I love the trades that filter in after the deadline..obvioulsy they were in time..but its like sorting out clothes from the dryer...

tom preissing wasnt traded from la? :lol:

and i thought the devils would trade 1 of their goalies for anything...guess not...

sami pahlsson..wasnt he 1 of the 2 once traded from the avs to the bruins for ray bourque..1 of the lopsided trades that still p1sses me off to this day....

Nice. Sabres picked up Dominic Moore from Toronto for a 2nd rounder. :lol:

im a lil surprised that burke could get a 2nd for him considering we all knew he was being dealt....

kyle mclaren was had for a 6th....

not bashing..just was wondering..but i guess that is his going rate....

im glad the blues are no longer sellers..but they didnt buy either....hmph

as for the sabres and the 2nd rd pick...they got that pick back....so basically they acquired moore for aleas kotalik...and tellqvist for a 4th.....

TO gets olie the goalie along with jamie heward, andy rogers....tb gets richard petiot...

a bit more exciting than the NBA deadline again for the 9th straight year :mad: (will these trades stop?)

as for the sabres and the 2nd rd pick...they got that pick back....so basically they acquired moore for aleas kotalik...and tellqvist for a 4th.....

TO gets olie the goalie along with jamie heward, andy rogers....tb gets richard petiot...

a bit more exciting than the NBA deadline again for the 9th straight year :mad: (will these trades stop?)

Nice. Sabres picked up Dominic Moore from Toronto for a 2nd rounder. :D

Not sure why the Sabres gave up so much for a guy that would be a 3rd line center on a real team. :pointstosky:

Calgary made out like a Bandit - the clear winners.

Bruins did well

Rangers did just enough to make the playoffs and get ousted in the 1st rd :mad:

Apparently no news is good news this year for the Habs? :mad:

So Gainey has said that signing Carbo was his best move and he said today that he likes the team as it is. This is a textbook definition of painting yourself in a corner. Who can he blame now aside from himself? This team now looks like it needs another 5-year plan.

Price is totally lost

The D sucks. I mean why play BreezeBy and sit Dandy if not because you are buddy buddy with BreezeBy and want to give him his 1000 game? Please sit him down. Komisarek is injured or playing drunk. Neither option is good. Sit him. They needed to get at least a 3-4 D-Man today.

The forwards are soft and most don't backcheck

The Coach has no answers and fails to make in-game adjustments.

The only hope for this team is if Halak plays like he has the last 4 games for the remainder of the year.

Montreal looked pretty good tonight.

the price is wrong, b1tch...

i wonder if habs fans would prefer steve mason and his 8 shutouts?

Montreal can be a scary team come playoff time - the loss of Lang really hurts

Washington doing nothing at the deadline makes them the biggest loser on deadline day. They have no depth on defense and their goaltending situation is medicore at best.

Still with AO , he will steal a series or two.

Boston is the fav pick in the East.. the devils made a nice move for Havelid, but to me, they havent done much in the playoffs in recent years - though Parise is a superstar who could use the big stage to show the world how much talent he has ( nice move slatzbee, hows jessiman working out for us focker :overhead: )

Rangers made just enough moves to slide into the 6-8 seed, and maybe win a round depending on the matchup.

Carolina picking up Coles is a big boost , a move that wont be measure as much on the stat sheet as it will for a team who loves him and the way he plays the game.

Pens are always dangerous with Crybaby and Malkin, Gonchar is back, Fleury if he gets hot, can be spectacular, if not, hes ordinary and allows the softie.

Boston vs Pens is my prediction in the East - with Boston going to the finals.

And you know buttman will do everything in his powers to ensure another trip to the finals or at least semis for his golden shower boy Scuba Sid.

Boston gets Mark Recchi and a pick for Matt Lashoff and Martins Karsums..a couple of players i know nothing about. I think this move by Boston is a classic move for a team in their position. Good veteran presence, great on the PP. Unless one of the guys they gave up was the second coming of Orr or even O'Reilly there really isnt a downside to this for the B's.

They are still gonna lose to the Habs in the second round.

The Habs won't make it to round two