Sign in to follow this  
Kilroy

Orlando Pace is Released

Orlando Pace Released by St. Louis Rams

Orlando Pace has been released by the Rams.

Pace, 33, was taken by the Rams as the No. 1 overall pick in the 1997 draft and has been with the team since then. He was a staple at left tackle, earning seven trips to the Pro Bowl. Pace was hampered by injuries in recent seasons. A knee injury caused him to miss two games and part of a third this past season.

The Rams save $6 million under the salary cap by letting Pace go.

Since we released Marvel Smith we could use an injury prone left tackle. Pace should be relativity cheap, i bet the steelers will talk about it.

However since it is pretty much steelers policy to not sign other teams free agents I dont think it will happen.

Since we released Max Starks we could use an injury prone left tackle. Pace should be relativity cheap, i bet the steelers will talk about it.

However since it is pretty much steelers policy to not sign other teams free agents I dont think it will happen.

LOL not really cheap considering the crap he's pulled over the years of not showing up to camp, then showing up and basically not doing much, on top of the injuries. I'd say unless a team is really desperate, they should pass on this guy and let him go into retirement.

Do they have a replacement? or does this guarantee the Top OL'man in the draft will go to the Rams?

Do they have a replacement? or does this guarantee the Top OL'man in the draft will go to the Rams?

Good question. There is talk about releasing Holt as well to free up more salary cap issues, so there may actually be some good old fashioned trading come draft time or, the Rams ownership is cutting as much of their costs as possible so that when their lease deal runs out at the dome, they can move the team.

Just can't tell with that organization.