Sign in to follow this  
jocstrap

Good News - Bad News

Actually, I thought Tennessee did a good job on defense. 4 sacks, 3 turnovers and 13 points allowed? Their returns weren't very good, but those numbers are solid. :rolleyes:

solid, but definitely won't be the high scoring defense for the weekend. I'll be curious to see what that point total is.

solid, but definitely won't be the high scoring defense for the weekend. I'll be curious to see what that point total is.

i agree joco.

those are STEE-RONG numbers for a D in a regular scoring system, but in a Mozzified Defensive Scoring System you almost would rather have your D give up some points so you can get the return yards, or at least let the other team punt instead of getting a turnover.

1 INT/FR = 2 pts.

40 return yds = 2 pts.

basically, two week kickoff returns are just as good as 1 INT. And in our scoring system, once your D gives up 13 pts, you get 0 from them in the Pts. Against category - so they might as well give up 60 pts...

the one thing to note though is the INT/FR return yardage - which TEN had 80 total return yards there for 4 pts.

that's why i took SEA, they were near the top of the league in total return yards last year, and yards per return. They may give up a ton of points, but if they get ~30 yards/ko return, and they give up 4 tds per game, right there is 6 free pts... break a long one for a TD, and WHAMO - 11 more pts... there's where the real pts will come in, ko/pr TDs.