Sign in to follow this  
cmuchips14

Keeper help please

okay, i play in a salary cap keeper league. we can keep 3 players from different positions.

I'm keeping Turner at RB (10$) and Boldin at WR (11$).

I need a QB...

I have Deangelo Williams (10$) but can't keep him cause I'm already keeping turner.

Someone offered me Peyton Manning at 25$ for Williams at 10$

Each team can spend up to 150$.

Should I make the trade?

I think I would.

Who is your QB? Have you explored other QB's for DeAngelo?

Chad Pennington and I'm not keeping him. All the good QBs are being kept for next season

Chad Pennington and I'm not keeping him. All the good QBs are being kept for next season

I would do it, then. I don't think DeAngelo will repeat his numbers of a year ago...I think he'll do ok, but I don't think he'll reach 20 total TDs. Stewart's young and will continue to eat away at Williams' numbers. Considering you have a need at QB, and you already have a No. 1 RB locked up along with a No.1 WR, I'd do the trade and then you'd have a pretty solid nucleus of guys to build around.

I would make the trade if all of teh other QBs are beink kept......unless the guy trying to make the trade happen to have a different QB he's keeping and CAN'T keep Manning????

That's certainly better than getting nothing for Deangelo, though giving 1/6 of your funds to a QB is a bit much. Still, you have a pretty good deal going on your top RB, so it balances. I would take it unless you think you can get a comparable QB cheaper.