Sign in to follow this  
BiPolarBear

My Pet Trantula

I picked him up off the Ortega Highway in Orange County, Ca. He was big and bad ass. I would let him crawl on me and held him with one hand and let him scratch groves in my thumb nail with his 1/4 inch fangs. I kept him in a gallon jar, turned on its side with sand in the bottom.

I put crickets in his jar and would find a small ball of exoskeleton laying around later. Once I put a small frog in and found a little ball of skin stretched over the frog bones.

I finally desided to skip work and watch until I saw him make a kill. I got some snacks and sat on the couch for hours waiting fom him to make a move...The first cricket I saw him get blundered into him tward the base of the jar. The cricket saw him and just freaked out. Stated jumping all over the place. The Trantula never moved. He waited until the cricket jumped to the neck area of the jar and started moving forward. He put two of his legs up in the air as he advanced. The cricket tried to jump past him, but got snatched right out of the air! Sucked into a little black ball. The end.

Cricket number two saw the trantula move. This cricket flipped out for a little while, but quickly dug into the sand. I got real lucky because he dug in next to the glass so I could watch. The trantula moved up to where he last saw the cricket and placed one leg on the sand right above the cricket. Neither creature moved for about three hours. Then the cricket made a slight move and the trantula lifted its leg. The cricket worked its way up to the surface and stuck part of its head out to tajke a look. All he saw was the trantula looming over him with his monster fangs. The cricket made the smallest move to go back down and the trantula GRABBED HIM AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT. After sitting so long waiting for something to happen, it was a rush to see the cricket get nabbed.

I had lots of grusome pets. Some day I will do a thread about my snapping turtle. (I know everyone will be thrilled.) :music_guitarred:

Rats rule as pets!!! They come to whistle and hang out in your shirt pocket. When I owned a pet store, I through a rat in with a Boa to feed it, and the damn rat about killed that Boa!! He was my first pet rat!

Rats rule as pets!!! They come to whistle and hang out in your shirt pocket. When I owned a pet store, I through a rat in with a Boa to feed it, and the damn rat about killed that Boa!! He was my first pet rat!

yep, i had one in college. like a little dog. great pets :banana:

I'm swatching this show called "Real Spiderman" and basically it is this fat dude who travels to the end of the earth to find spiders. This particular episode the dude goes to Venezuela (I think) and finds this tarantula that has blue arms and a golden body. Pretty crazy looking spider. Then he goes to some other jungle infested region of the world and finds another tarantula as big as a dinner plate, freakin' HUGE!

Apparently somewhere in Florida they have these red butt tarantula's that are raising hell on the orange industry because the workers are freaking out by the amount of spiders that are showing up daily. This fat dude just grabs them and lets them crawl over his body :thumbsup: .

Are these spiders not poisonous? I wouldn't let any of those sons of bitches crawl on me...no way!

Not sure I could ever do the Trantula thing but my bearded dragon is entertaining to watch eat as well. Poor cricket basturds. :shocking: