Sign in to follow this  
calvarytricities

ppr stategies

I'm picking #1 overall in a ppr 10 team league that has 2 rb's, 3 wr's and a flex.

I've always gone rb/rb in the first two but this year I'm considering going a different route. I know at the 2/3 turn I can grab a couple of elite wr's like Smith/Wayne but I would be passing on Bush as my #2. What are you most comfortable doing in a situation like this? Bush is a huge wild card in this format and its hard to pass up on 2 #1 wr's to pair with MJD for example. I guess it comes down to if you have Bush rated higher than the wr's are potentially will be there like Smith/Wayne/Boldin/Jennings. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

As with any pick it obviously depends on who's still there, that said if Jennings is available at the turn (and I'm betting he won't be) that's a must grab. And I agree with you I think the wr/wr available even without Jennings is as good or better than Bush there.

I would agree that at the 2/3 turn you should grab wr/wr in a ppr league. No chance Wyane is there though. You will likely be able to grab S.Smith(Car), White, Colston with an outside shot that Jennings will still be there. Even if he is not you having MJD/S.Smith/White through 3 rds is outstanding I think.

Based on league history and what people have said I'm pretty confident that only one of these 3 will be taken Smith,Wayne,Jennings and I would be happy with any combo of those guys. This league also rewards bonus points at 100 yds rushing which while not hurting Bushes value it does bring some other guys into his potential point range. I was leaning towards going wr/wr and I appreciate your comments....Thanks!