Sign in to follow this  
manola

Is this a good trade or a bad trade?

This is a 12 Team PPR Dynasty league. I'm pretty much set at WR and am fairly strong at RB. I'm looking to upgrade my QB position.

Thinking about trading:

Jay Cutler,

Marion Barber

for

Aaron Rodgers and

#3 pick overall in our rookie draft

Current RBs:

Chris Johnson,

Both Carolina RBs,

McFadden,

Michael Bush,

Barber,

and a couple others

QBs:

Cutler,

Matt Ryan

WRs:

Andre Johnson,

Calvin Johnson,

Greg Jennings,

Antonio Bryant,

Miles Austin,

Hixon

I can start up to 4 WRs if I need to, or as many as 3 RBs.

Should I make this trade offer? The other team is very thin at RB (Cedric Benson was his leading RB last year).

Thanks, and I'll answer yours!

Not sure this deal really upgrades you at QB, so you basically are trading Barber for the #3 rookie pick. I would rather have Barber than Wells or Crabtree at this point.

Not sure this deal really upgrades you at QB, so you basically are trading Barber for the #3 rookie pick. I would rather have Barber than Wells or Crabtree at this point.

I might agree with that statement if Cutler were still in DEN. However, Cutler is now in CHI so I think Rodgers is a big upgrade. That said I am not sure I would give up Cutler/Barber for Rodgers.

It is close but I think you are slightly over paying for Rodgers. Not to mention it is possible that Hester/Bennett/Olsen are good enought for Cutler to have a 4,000yd/25 TD season.

It is hard to trade Cutler right now b/c his value is low. I would be more inclined to enter the season with him as your starter and worse case you could play match ups with him and Ryan. At some point a better trade may arise.

Cutler/Barber for Rodgers/Wells I would do, but I don't know about Crabtree. I'm pretty low on Cutler right now and high on Rodgers, so I wouldn't mind this deal. Figure Felix Jones is going to cut into Barber's carries. It's not a bad trade since you can stomach some risk.

I'm thinking I'd be aiming for Wells too...in fact, I'm almost certain I'd trade up to #1 and have the ability to choose between Wells and Moreno. I want nothing to do with Crabtree, so I'd probably look at Shonn Green or somebody if I was stuck at #3. The owner with pick #1 has expressed some interest in trading down a bit. I don't have anything I'm willing to give him for #1 straight up, but I think we could come up with something if I was at pick #3.

Also, the owner who currently has Rodgers is from Chicago...so, my guess is he'd like having Cutler.

Cutler/Barber for Rodgers/Wells I would do, but I don't know about Crabtree. I'm pretty low on Cutler right now and high on Rodgers, so I wouldn't mind this deal. Figure Felix Jones is going to cut into Barber's carries. It's not a bad trade since you can stomach some risk.

This is a terrible deal. Cutler is better than Rodgers and Barber is worth more than a rookie pick. Face it, if your rookie performed at Barber's level you'd be over the moon...so just keep Barber!