Sign in to follow this  
canman23

You like this tool?

Guys, Im new here and just ran across the Compiler and Draft buddy. Do you guys like this tool? Do you find it handy during a draft? I'm only asking because I have 3 drafts coming up soon and want an advantage over the other chumps! :cheers:

I highly recommend it!

I've been using it for three years now and I have yet to find another tool that is better. The model three years ago was excellent and every year it's been upgraded.

All you have to do is plug in your scoring system and league set-up and it will print out a great cheatsheet. It has stats from 2001, 2002 and 2003. It also has 2003 2nd half stats and projections from the guy who runs this site. You can also input your own projections or projections from another site.

As far as being handy during a draft, yes it is very handy. If you have a fast draft with less than a minute per pick the the cheatsheet is great. If you have a bit more time during picks the draft buddy is cool!

Just fork over cash and check it out! To me it's worth $50!

Thanks for the info. We get 2 min per pick in our draft. Is that enough time to use the draft buddy??

It may be hard if guys start picking rapid fire and not taking their full two minutes, but you can always catch-up on the guys who do take their time picking and on your pick.

After the buddy is set-up (set-up takes about 3 minutes or so) you basically have to click through two drop downs menus. The 1st drop down is position, ie QB, RB, WR, etc. The 2nd drop down is the player names. If you're proficient with the mouse you should be able to keep up easily.

;)

To me it's worth $50!

:wall:

Krueger! :wall:

;)

Thanks danzone!

Well worth it. For the complier alone. The Draft buddy is an added bonus. If your worried about time you can justy print out the cheatsheets and go from there, but I think you'll be fine with the draft buddy.

I tried using cheatheets and scratching off names and it actually took me longer than the the draft buddy (searching for names, flipping through sheets, etc) and I didn't have all of the extras the buddy brings.

I tried using cheatheets and scratching off names and it actually took me longer than the the draft buddy (searching for names, flipping through sheets, etc) and I didn't have all of the extras the buddy brings.

Although this is my first year purchasing, I agree it will be easier than scratching off cheatsheets and fumbling through sheets of paper. Just a click and not only does it add that player to the team who drafted, but it AUTOMATICALLY updates you cheatsheet, individual position pages, etc.

I recommend some practice to get familier with the Buddy before your first draft and you should have plenty of time!

:cheers:

I recommend some practice to get familier with the Buddy before your first draft and you should have plenty of time!

:rolleyes:

Great advice here. Uh, practicing with Draft Buddy, not the beer. Well, that works too...