Sign in to follow this  
mdubz

Auction/Keeper League

This is my first year in an auction/keeper league and I know that one of the keys is to find those diamonds in the rough at the end of the draft (important in a redraft but especially important in a keeper). Who are some guys that you think may surprise some people and make an impact in 2009 and be a valuable commodity going into 2010? Everybody knows about Ray Rice and Donald Brown but who are some guys you can get for $1 or $2 that are actually worth something? Thanks.

Guest John_Rizzio

If derek anderson wins the qb job he might do something. He costs about $2

Tashard Choice is going at $2 and he will shine if MBIII gets hurt.

michael bush costs about $3 and he could become a nice RB.

fred taylor $2 who knows what the pats will do with the run game but belichick likes fragile fred

Josh morgan of san fran looks like he might have a nice season and he is only $3

chris chambers miles austin are also only $3

If this is your first season, just concentrate in the draft on building a strong team. There's plenty of strategies to use in an auction draft. I won't bore you, but I will suggest you maybe search some of the FF sites for tips. You're right, bargains can be had late, but you for sure want some firepower on your team as well.

As for deep keepers. Pay attention during the season to developments which may give you hints on next season. Last year, when it became apparent Derrick Ward would not re-sign with the NYG, I snapped him off the waiver wire. Halfway through the season (after your starting QB's bye week) maybe go out and get a rookie QB who's not starting this year but very well may be next. I did that two seasons ago with Aaron Rodgers, and a good candidate this year may be Matt Lienart. Eventually Lienart will get it, and another year with a clipboard will work wonders. Then look at his offense.

Look for RB's who are in a committee this year, or who are backups, but may wind up in better sitautions next year. I drafted Michael Turner two off-seasons ago and he rode my bench for a full season until I started him last year for a $1. Now he's franchised for me. Who's that guy this year? Take a look at Jerious Norwood, who backs up Turner. He's a FA after this season. By then, he may have learned how to pass block.

To me, Auction Keeper leagues rule. You get a chance to build your own team year by year, take a little pride in it.

I'll never go back to re-draft. Ever.

Two guys I like for this are Doucet (AZ) and Meachem (NO). Both high draft picks, both from a big program (LSU), both in high octane O's, both have underperformed due to injuries, stupidity, or some combo. Could be had for free-ish/waivers.

Two guys I like for this are Doucet (AZ) and Meachem (NO). Both high draft picks, both from a big program (LSU), both in high octane O's, both have underperformed due to injuries, stupidity, or some combo. Could be had for free-ish/waivers.

Meachem's such a deep sleeper that dude's in a coma... I caught enough of his act last year. :mad: