Sign in to follow this  
nearbyatom

Jones-Drew going so high?

I see a lot of drafts where MJD is going pretty much top 3. Sometimes higher than AP. Is he going to be THAT good??? He's projected to rush about 1200 yds. FF on ESPN has an article about this.

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football...page=200932qJAC

They pretty much left the article at..."it's up to you!" JAX doesn't exactly have a super power offense. What do you guys think? Is he worth a top 3 pick?

The only thing that's been missing in MJD's game are the touches. Well......there ya go.

If it's PPR, no question. He's like a pinball out there. He's fun to watch cuz he kinda bounces off people since he's short and difficult to tackle. He's got a nose for the end zone too.

I think he's worth a top 5 pick in FF formats (especially PPR).

As someone else pointed out, his biggest hindrance the past couple of years has been his lack of full-time carries -- though I don't really blame the Jags for that because it's tough to keep Fred Taylor on the bench...he's a very talented RB in his own right, even at his age.

Last year, there were four games where MJD got close to 20 carries and his yardage totals in those games were: 107 (Wk 3), 125 (Wk 6), 91 (Wk 16), & 78 (Wk 17). Plus, you have to consider his reception totals and his nose for the endzone. It seems that the Jags have made a concerted effort to improve their OL this offseason -- bringing in Tra Thomas and drafting both Eugene Monroe and Eben Britton. I do think you'll see Greg Jones get a few carries but not enough to seriously diminish MJD's stats.

Overall, I'd expect:

1300 yds. rushing

500 yds. receiving

15 total TDs

:dunno: