Sign in to follow this  
ben4uf

Keeper question: Brees or Andre Johnson? (0.25PPR)

Alright, so this is the first year we are doing keepers in my 10 team league and I won last year so I get last pick in the draft. But I have some solid players that I can keep, however I'm unsure of who to keep between Brees and Andre Johnson. I've read you generally never keep a QB unless absolute top tier (Brady, Brees, Manning) but not sure if Brees outweighs a top 3 WR in AJ.

We can keep 3 players, one drafted in rnd 1-5 (AJ or Brees for me), one from round 6-10 (keeping G.Jennings) and one from round 11+ (keeping P.Thomas from waivers).

I'm dead set on Jennings and PT so I will have a very solid WR and RB to start but going back and forth about Brees or AJ. Standard scoring aside from 0.25 PPR so a little more value on AJ. So far not counting me, 5 teams are keeping a QB and 5 also keeping a WR - RBs are really being kept with 9 teams keeping a RB and 4 keeping 2 RBs. Another item to note is we start 1QB, 3 WRs, 2 RBs, 1 flex, 1 TE, 1K, 1Def. So theoretically we can start up to 4 WRs, 3 required.

Given this info and the fact that I am drafting last (10th and then 11th pick), do I keep Brees or AJ?

Some of the top available players bound to go in first round are:

Brees or AJ

Brady

Manning

Westbrook

Jacobs

Wayne

Smith

Portis

Boldin

Colston

Barber

TO

Thanks for any input and leave link and I will help you out! :music_guitarred:

Greg Jennings in the 6th round? PThomas in the 11th? in 10 team league... Perhaps I don't understand anyway

QB,WR,RB as keeper is pretty solid coverage although you've got wayne,colston,AJ and jennings as elite wr any of those could be #1 this year.

Greg Jennings in the 6th round? PThomas in the 11th? in 10 team league... Perhaps I don't understand anyway

i got to keep those guys based on where i drafted them last year (PT was waiver wire since he was nobody before). obviously jennings would go much higher this year if i didnt keep him, but he flew under the radar last.

QB,WR,RB as keeper is pretty solid coverage although you've got wayne,colston,AJ and jennings as elite wr any of those could be #1 this year.

so, im starting to think about keeping AJ more and more. im thinking if i let go of brees i can still pick up a decent qb in the range of mcnabb, warner, romo or rodgers. but if i keep brees and let go of AJ i may drop to someone like TO or Housh for my other WR.

any other opinions? not asking for a rate my league, just based on the info i provided which player is the smarter pick for a keeper, stud WR AJ or stud QB Brees?

First off.......thanks for posting on mine

as for yours.... I would go with a AJ, you would have a better chance of Brees sliding down to you. The difference from AJ to Housh is projected less than 2 points a game. From Brees to Schaub is a lil over 3 points a game. Not much difference. I just prefer WR over QB