Sign in to follow this  
bnpuconn

IDP Help

hey all,

I have a question for those who have had experience with IDP in their leagues. We've always gone team defense before and now are changing to 2 IDP.

My question is when do I target to draft def (12 team league) and which positions are the best to target - do I go 2 LB or DL or DB

Here is our scoring

1 pt - tackle

.5 pt - asst tackle

2 pts - sack, int, fumble recovery

6 pts - TD

Thanks for the help

hey all,

I have a question for those who have had experience with IDP in their leagues. We've always gone team defense before and now are changing to 2 IDP.

My question is when do I target to draft def (12 team league) and which positions are the best to target - do I go 2 LB or DL or DB

Here is our scoring

1 pt - tackle

.5 pt - asst tackle

2 pts - sack, int, fumble recovery

6 pts - TD

Thanks for the help

I always like to stack my team in IDP leagues. I usually go a round or two early. Recently I drafted in an IDP league I took Patrick Willis in the 7th, Jon Beason 8th, DeMarcus Ware in 9th and Mario Williams in the 10th. Most guys stay offensive minded when drafting so you can take them by surprize.

As for strategy to which position to take first. I want consistant production out of my IDP's. Linebacker is the saftest and most productive position. Hence, me taking Willis and Beason with my first two. I'm guaranteed to get very good tackle numbers out of them every week. Next I wanted sack artists. Ware and Williams are a beast of a combo. They will offer me up a good amount of sacks. Last you worry about your DB's. Remember, the better know the CB is, the worse a fantasy producer he'll be. Champ and Nnamdi are great CB's, but nobody throws their way. Stick with safties for your DB picks. I grabbed Ed Reed and Adrian Wilson. Two guys that will get tackles and put themselves in great spots to create turnovers and possibly take it to the house!

I advise go after the LB's in round 7-9, then DL 9-11 and take DB's a few rounds later if you're satisfied with your offensive set-up.

if you only start 2 defensive players and they can be any positions, i like the advice Cuse gave you as far as looking toward linebackers.

however i would load up on offensive positions first and wait on the IDP's... if you only need to start 2, you can find some gems.

if you only start 2 defensive players and they can be any positions, i like the advice Cuse gave you as far as looking toward linebackers.

however i would load up on offensive positions first and wait on the IDP's... if you only need to start 2, you can find some gems.

Very true, you can go after your IDP's when you feel good about your offensive starters. That is why I target rounds 7-9. By then you should have 2 RB's, QB, 2 WR's and a TE/RB/WR....you should be pretty solid. Most guys will go after another WR/TE/RB in the seventh. You can get top quality IDP's while they are spending draft picks on #3 wr's and/or rb's that will be on their bench.

I did not realize you only started 2 IDP's. So I would target LB/DL in rounds 7-10 and then pick a back up IDP later on.

I was giving you advice on how I did it with 6 starting IDP's...my bad!!