Sign in to follow this  
Synister

Rank these 2nd-3rd round WR's

Colston, Welker, White, Johnson, Jennings, Bowe, Smith

Here's how I see them...

1.Jennings- I feel he's the safest pick. #1 target on a good offense and a QB who love's him.

2.Johnson- Absolute stud but I'm always worried about the QB situation.

3.Welker- Target and reception monster. Brady is back and he loves him some Wes.

4.Colston- Only risk is injury and Brees really spreads it around.

5.White- I think with Gonzo aboard he takes a small hit. Not to mention he just got PAID.

6.Smith- Steve is boom or bust and I don't like the inconsistency week to week.

7.Bowe- I just don't like his situation. He will be blanketed and won't take anyone by surprise this year.

Opinions??

Colston, Welker, White, Johnson, Jennings, Bowe, Smith

Here's how I see them...

1.Jennings- I feel he's the safest pick. #1 target on a good offense and a QB who love's him.

2.Johnson- Absolute stud but I'm always worried about the QB situation.

3.Welker- Target and reception monster. Brady is back and he loves him some Wes.

4.Colston- Only risk is injury and Brees really spreads it around.

5.White- I think with Gonzo aboard he takes a small hit. Not to mention he just got PAID.

6.Smith- Steve is boom or bust and I don't like the inconsistency week to week.

7.Bowe- I just don't like his situation. He will be blanketed and won't take anyone by surprose this year.

Opinions??

1-Megatron-name says it all(but QB situation scares) so probably be up and down again but still great enough to put #1 among this group

2-Welker-tons of rec.

3-Jennings-GB has very good offense

4-Smith-even with Delhomme throwing to him you cant shut him down

5-white-he puts up the #s

6-Colston-he has right situation to be at top of list but has to prove healthy and can hang on to ball

7-Bowe-he lost Gonzo and gained Cassesl :unsure:

4. Jennings- I feel he's the safest pick. #1 target on a good offense and a QB who love's him.

1.Johnson- Absolute stud but I'm always worried about the QB situation.

3.Welker- i think welker is the safest bet since he will produce without scoring TDs or a ton of yards.

2.Colston- pierre thomas in backfield with bush split out wide...you doubling colston?

6.White- he just got PAID. agreed

5.Smith- at some point you just get rediculous value for him. but a boom/bust guy nonetheless.

7.Bowe- I just don't like his situation. He will be blanketed and won't take anyone by surprose this year

1-Megatron-name says it all(but QB situation scares) so probably be up and down again but still great enough to put #1 among this group

2-Welker-tons of rec.

3-Jennings-GB has very good offense

4-Smith-even with Delhomme throwing to him you cant shut him down

5-white-he puts up the #s

6-Colston-he has right situation to be at top of list but has to prove healthy and can hang on to ball

7-Bowe-he lost Gonzo and gained Cassesl :unsure:

The more I think about it the more Meg's, Welker and Jennings are interchangeable. I still think I'm looking at Jennings over Megatron by the slightest of margins.

PPR

Calvin - this guy is a beast and might compete for top wr this year

welker- brady will get him 108 catches and 9 tds

steve smith- could be interchangable with welker

jennings- only gets around 80 catches a little overrated

bowe- tons of potential, i think he and white are interchangable

white- overrated on draft boards

colston- great but brees spreads the ball around

if i hadnt read about boldins injury today i would place him right there in between welker and smith, i actually think all 3 are about the same. If boldin wasnt so injured all the time he IMO is the top wr in the league based Warners hard-on for him.

if i hadnt read about boldins injury today i would place him right there in between welker and smith, i actually think all 3 are about the same. If boldin wasnt so injured all the time he IMO is the top wr in the league based Warners hard-on for him.

yeah, im not sure what to think about that, i think im still going to take him in the 3rd if he's around

Injury? What happen?

Tweaked Hammy Tuesday, MIssed practice WEd. Questionable for game friday

Thanks Dexter.

1-Megatron-Could be a borderline 1st round

2-Jennings-More TD's than Welker Less rec

3-Welker-tons of rec not enough TD's.

4-Smith- less receptions and more yards about the same TD's as welker

5-Boldin-Both him and Fitz demanding receptions

6-White-The addition of Gonzo will help draw some coverage (I'm a little worried that Matt Ryan will hit a 2nd year slump)

7-Colston-Too many players to pass the ball too in NO (Bush, Moore, Shockey, Thomas, Meacham, Henderson)

8-Bowe-he lost Gonzo and gained Cassesl (should not be included with the rest)

Tiered....

Megatron--the name says it all; was great as a rookie with awful QB play; QB play can't be worse; Kevin Smith should be better; O Line can't be worse... this is the surest I've ever been about a "2nd tier WR"... this guy will match last year's numbers before week 13; I see a similar increase that Fitzgerald experienced his 2nd year

Steve Smith--stud; Delhomme will be better; odds are he will turn some of his catches to the 1 into TDs

Greg Jennings--stud; Rodgers' favorite target; extra year of experience for his QB helps

Wes Welker--100 catches guaranteed; probably good for 1100 and 6 on the low side; with some luck, 1200 and 12 TDs

White--got paid; but can put up #1 numbers; Gonzo is probably a wash on his value; an extra year of Ryan helps

Bowe--better QB but no Gonzo; 2nd year slump a poss.; was a decent #2 receiver last year but not a guy I think can put up #1 numbers this year

Colston--microfracture surgery, wasn't great last year, a lot of other targets in NO

Steve Smith--stud; Delhomme will be better; odds are he will turn some of his catches to the 1 into TDs

uh...please explain how Delhomme will be better ?

The guys is off his peak, and it may be over for Gohomme. It happens to every QB on the planet. I can't explain it, but after watching Delhomme play last year, it's bigger than "he'll be better this year".

colston will surprise the doubters....... yest the saints spread it around but look at the end of last season when he got semi healthy....he is fully healthy this year he will get 80-90 receptions 1000-1200 yards 8-10 tds..... no am not an owner but i would have more faith in him then calvin johnson, my top 10

moss, fitzgerald, wayne, a. johnson, jennings, colston, smith, megatron, white, welker........but they are all close and i pick 9 in odd rounds and 4th in even rounds expecting 2 of the top guys gone so i may take rb and wait and see who else is there on the way back....but really everybody comes with a risk but i will draft colston if falls to me and 5 ahead of him are gone with out question.........

Tiered....

Megatron--the name says it all; was great as a rookie with awful QB play; QB play can't be worse; Kevin Smith should be better; O Line can't be worse... this is the surest I've ever been about a "2nd tier WR"... this guy will match last year's numbers before week 13; I see a similar increase that Fitzgerald experienced his 2nd year

that may be true but this is not his 2nd year and this is not the arizona offense........megatron will have a decrease in numbers that is the surest thing on my draft board......nothing is a sure thing in fantasy football .........

uh...please explain how Delhomme will be better ?

The guys is off his peak, and it may be over for Gohomme. It happens to every QB on the planet. I can't explain it, but after watching Delhomme play last year, it's bigger than "he'll be better this year".

I'm almost sure he was coming off Tommy John surgery last year.

that may be true but this is not his 2nd year and this is not the arizona offense........megatron will have a decrease in numbers that is the surest thing on my draft board......nothing is a sure thing in fantasy football .........

You're right, I have my years all confused. In any case, agree to disagree. The guy is so good.