Sign in to follow this  
Buttmonkey

Very Strange Draft

I never played in this league before and I've never played where a QB gets a point for every 10 yards passing.

12-team league, start 2RB/2WR/1TE/1QB/1 Tm Def/1 Kicker

I have the #1 overall and I'm usually use the standard RB/RB strategy first two rounds. But not picking again until 24/25, I just couldn't shake the feeling I would not have a decent scoring QB on my turn. I figure if I go AP, I'll end up with say Warner/McNabb/Rogers at pick 24 - not too shabby. Brees scored 80 points more than the next highest QB last year, but the next tier were roughly all together (not separated by too much). But, 80 points is a huge difference for the #1 QB, and i expect him to repeat or come close again with that offense, and so because this is just an office league and no real money ($20 to enter), I decided to go QB and drafted Brees. Manning went off board at 3 overall, Warner at 7, Brady at 8, Rogers at 14, McNabb at 20, even Romo and Rivers were gone before my turn again. I guess I "guessed" right. Just in case you're wondering, my RBs are Slaton/K. Jones/LJ/Julius Jones; WRs Wayne/DeSean Jackson/Berrian; TE Gonzales.

Now before I hear the "you must play with retards" crap - this is just friendly fantasy football draft talk - not bragging/gloating or trying to prove anything here.