Sign in to follow this  
H-man

Should I trade one of my RBs for a WR2?

Here's my team (12-teams, non-PPR, 6 points for passing TD, start 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 DST 1 K)

QB: Aaron Rodgers

RBs: MJD, Thomas Jones, Ray Rice, Knowshon Moreno, Ahmad Bradshaw

WRs: Anquan Boldin, Bernard Berrian, Lance Moore, Muhsin Muhammad, Steve Smith (NYG)

TE: Owen Daniels

K: Tynes

DST: Steelers (my league awards extra defensive points for yards allowed and points allowed in addition to the standard categories)

I'm thinking I should trade for a WR2 and would like to target Ochopsycho, Braylon Edwards, or Housh (guys I think are underrated this year). Which RB should I deal? Moreno for Ocho? Jones for Ocho?

Oops I accidentally posted this thread 3 times. Can a moderator delete the other two identical threads? Thanks.

Here's my team (12-teams, non-PPR, 6 points for passing TD, start 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 DST 1 K)

WRs: Anquan Boldin, Bernard Berrian, Lance Moore, Muhsin Muhammad, Steve Smith (NYG)

DST: Steelers (my league awards extra defensive points for yards allowed and points allowed in addition to the standard categories)

I'm thinking I should trade for a WR2 and would like to target Ochopsycho, Braylon Edwards, or Housh (guys I think are underrated this year). Which RB should I deal? Moreno for Ocho? Jones for Ocho?

Thanks for mine.

Wow - looks like your league mates let some players go by that they shouldn't have - pretty nice team but weak at wr's.

Love Rogers, MJD is solid, worried about T Jones but Rex wants to pound the ball, nice backups - real solid with Rice Moreno, and Bradshaw should surprise and do well.

WR - not a Berrian fan, Boldin is solid, Moore good, weak after that.

Def is solid, I don't rate kickers.

I would do Jones for Ocho thinking Rice would be your #2 and hopefully Moreno pans out and he may be your 2. Edwards worries me a bit, but could bounce back, even more worried about Housh - new QB, new system.

If you could pull off that trade I think you're a contender. Good luck

I really like Rodgers too (hence my post). I think at the outset of the season you have mostly RBs and WRs with upside, though not well established in FF. By the end of the year they could all be highly ranked. WR is a weak spot. Boldin is good and people are high on Moore in the Saints offense, but pretty shaky after that. 85 would be a nice pickup, but he is expected to bounce back this year so I don't think Moreno or Jones get it done straight up unless the other guy really needs a running back and is deep at WR. Might want to throw Moore in and ask for #2 RB back. Please see mine trade involving Rodgers.

I think Jones for one of those WRs can get done. I like Rice as a RB2. I would go Ocho or Housh. Ocho has the better QB if Palmer stays healthy though.

All in all a good team. I would look at dealing T Jones, I really don't think he'll have much value this year and definitely won't live up to last year. Maybe you can get an owner you really holds onto last year's stats and get Ochocinco or TJ. Great QB, excellent RB1, two RBs with huge potential (Rice and Moreno), strong WR1, but need help behind Boldin. Make that trade and you're golden.

Thanks for mine.

I like your targets of Housh/85 a lot better than Marshall. Marshall will produce if he gets on the field--even with Orton in place, he's too talented not to grab 1000 yards/6 TDs--but his situation is so toxic right now that I wouldn't want to give up as promising a prospect as Moreno.

I would not do Marshall for Moreno - if you can't do the T Jones for one of those receivers, I would gamble T Jones for Marshall but not Moreno, unfortunately that would give you a wide and rb from teh same team, somthing I try to avoid, but I'm not big on Jones this year.