Sign in to follow this  
Gost8

Fitz & Boldin

Would you consider both Fitz and Boldin on your team?

If I am targeting just one of them...I will go with Boldin's 2nd/3rd round value over Fitz 1st. Boldin was the number 1 fantasy receiver before getting his face smashed in, and while missing time, that's when Fitz did most of his damage. I would not be shocked to see Boldin outproduce Fitz outright this year. Now to answer your question I wouldn't be to crazy about having them both on my team. It would be a big hit to your team having your top 2 Wr out on their bye, also you will be doubling down on Kurt Warner's health this year and I am not buying he plays a full 16 game slate. If you do find your self with both, I would look to be dealing Fitz's value and hanging on to Boldin.

IMO I wouldn't get two WR from the same team as bad QB play or weather could submarine both your WRs in one week.

I took R. Moss in the second then considered Welker coming back but went with R. White instead for that very reason.

I think overloading your fantasy team with players from the same NFL team definately has its drawbacks. For example, in the Fitz & Boldin example if Warner has a bad game you in turn have a bad game. That's only one drawback on that example. If you look at another rather probable outcome, Warner getting hurt to end his season, that would pretty much end the season for the fantasy owners of Fitz and Boldin. Warner had some kind of off season surgery and is considered by alot of people to be susceptible injury based upon his injury riddled past. So, not only would I avoid putting them both on my team at once, but I avoided picking up either one. My receiving corpse looks like this ==>>> 1. Randy Moss 2. Andre Johnson 3. Reggie Wayne ( We have to start 3 receivers in my league with standard yahoo scoring.) I can't afford to have one weak player at the WR position or my strategy doesn't work.