Sign in to follow this  
c9h13no3

Is this trade collusion/deniable?

Sup guys, first time commish here with a dilemma.

I'm hosting a standard PPR league for a significant amount of money, with players I don't know in real life (we've all met through the internet).

Team A (1-1) gets Eli Manning & the Packers.

Team B (1-1) gets Peyton Manning & Giants D.

Now, this looks pretty one sided to me. Peyton is a Round 3 pick, and Eli a round 10 pick. The defenses are roughly equivalent.

However, Team A provided this rationale:

(2:54:12 AM) Team A: well based on this year's projections

(2:54:18 AM) Team A: from yahoo anyway

(2:54:34 AM) Team A: my increase from Giants to Packers (200 pts --> 220 pts)

(2:54:45 AM) Team A: is greater than decrease from Peyton to Roethlisberger (211 pts to 206 pts)

Team A also may be somewhat good friends with Team B's owner, but I'm not sure. Team A's owner is also kinda not-so-good.

Here are the lineups for the two teams:

Team A: P. Manning, Roethlisberger, Turner, K. Smith, McGahee, H. Ward, L. Coles, I. Bruce, K. Walter, T. Gonzalez, Giants D

Team B: Farve, E. Manning, MJD, Jacobs, Sproles, T. Owens, Ochocinco, N. Burleson, D. Hester, D. Clark, Green Bay D

So can I deny this trade because obviously he could get more value for Peyton? Does it reek of collusion? Or am I just pissed because my opposition found the sucker before I did?

You're just pissed. Vetoing the trade would get you the d-bag commish label very quickly. Through 2 games, Eli and Peyton have almost identical stats. The trade is justifiable on that alone. Once a few games are done, what round someone was taken in during the draft doesn't mean anything. Do I think it's a good trade for the Peyton owner? No, not really--but your job isn't to police whether a trade is good for one owner or another. That's up to them.

Looks like a very dumb trade. Round 2 or 3 QB for a Round 10 QB. No sane player would trade a Top 3 QB just to improve their defense a bit. But considering the numbers put up so far, I would have to let this one slide.

BTW, this is why I would never play for $$$ with people I don't know.

The round selected means nothing. The trade looks relatively fair. Packers are a better D, Peyton is better than Eli. How much so is hard to quantify after week 2.

Only veto a trade if it is horribly obvious: AP and Andre Johnson for Pennington and the Lion DST.

Especially this early in the year, who is looking to throw the season after week 2?

Let it go.

See mine:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=351224