Sign in to follow this  
Boomer2

Traded a hurt player and trying to make it right

I'm the commish of a league and a trade went through involving my Buckhalter and Desean Jackson for his Colston and Kevin Smith.

When I put the trade out, I was not aware that Buckhalter was hurt, I knew he was dinged up coming out of the game though.

The trade was accepted but I then learned that Buckhalter is hurt to the point of not playing this week. I contacted the owner to indicate I did not know he was hurt and don't waqnt to be accused of trading hurt players. I realize some of the burdeon fall back to the other coach to do his homework prior to the trade.

I contacted the other owner and he did not know Buckhalter was that hurt either.

I feel as the commish, I'm held to a higher standard and letting this trade go through as is could be looked down on by other teams.

I proposed swapping Lynch for Buckhalter in the trade but now feel that may be giving too much, I could also swap LT for Buckhalter or I could just cancel the trade and walk away.

Thoughts

I would offer to cancel the trade if the other owner wants. He may not need Buckhalter immediately in which case the trade may still be acceptable to him.

I would offer to cancel the trade if the other owner wants. He may not need Buckhalter immediately in which case the trade may still be acceptable to him.

He does not want Buckhalter if hurt. He did indicate he'd take Lynch in exchange but I have reservations about that.

It would change the trade to Lynch/D. Jackson for Colston/Kevin Smith.

Probably still not bad w/ Lynch splitting time and not knowing how that ordeal will work out in Buffalo.

You have no obligation to "make it right."

He has access to the same information you do.

I understand I have no obligation but I do feel it's the right thing to do.

I understand I have no obligation but I do feel it's the right thing to do.

You shouldn't feel that way. You did absolutely nothing wrong and Buckhalter's injury was common knowledge.

I'm the commish of a league and a trade went through involving my Buckhalter and Desean Jackson for his Colston and Kevin Smith.

When I put the trade out, I was not aware that Buckhalter was hurt, I knew he was dinged up coming out of the game though.

The trade was accepted but I then learned that Buckhalter is hurt to the point of not playing this week. I contacted the owner to indicate I did not know he was hurt and don't waqnt to be accused of trading hurt players. I realize some of the burdeon fall back to the other coach to do his homework prior to the trade.

I contacted the other owner and he did not know Buckhalter was that hurt either.

I feel as the commish, I'm held to a higher standard and letting this trade go through as is could be looked down on by other teams.

I proposed swapping Lynch for Buckhalter in the trade but now feel that may be giving too much, I could also swap LT for Buckhalter or I could just cancel the trade and walk away.

Thoughts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I too am the commish of a long running league we are in season 13, I would feel bad if I made a trade like that, I honestly think you were getting the better end of the deal to begin with, I would offer Lynch or give him the option to back out, just because he doesn't spend hours reading about players and other fantasy news is no reason to screw him over. You dont want the players in the league to turn on you because they feel you are unfair. The only way I wouldnt let him back out is if this were a serious money league then it would be up to him to stay up to date with whats going on but if it's just a small time money league or a free league let him back out.

Just my opinion.

Good Luck

Peace...

I've already indicated to him that I would not trade a hurt player. I will correct it either by substituting another player or canceling the trade. Just my way of thinking........

So would giving Lynch/Desean Jackson for Colston/Kevin Smith be to much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I too am the commish of a long running league we are in season 13, I would feel bad if I made a trade like that, I honestly think you were getting the better end of the deal to begin with, I would offer Lynch or give him the option to back out, just because he doesn't spend hours reading about players and other fantasy news is no reason to screw him over. You dont want the players in the league to turn on you because they feel you are unfair. The only way I wouldnt let him back out is if this were a serious money league then it would be up to him to stay up to date with whats going on but if it's just a small time money league or a free league let him back out.

Just my opinion.

Good Luck

Peace...

Exactly my way of thinking.

Small money league, been together 6-7 yrs. I don't want the impression out there that the commish screws people.

if you want to make it right... simply reverse the trade... and start negotiations again... seems easy to me

You would be giving up too much by swapping Lynch for Buckhalter. I would offer to void the trade or keeps the existing terms

You would be giving up too much by swapping Lynch for Buckhalter. I would offer to void the trade or keeps the existing terms

Really, I thought I'm still making out better?

My opinion:

Lynch<Kevin Smith. Could argue this either way but Lynch splits time and don't know if that will change. Smith doesn't share but does play for the Lions...

D.Jackson<=Colston. Jackson has a lot of upside but Colston is more proven plus has Brees throwing to him

I agree boomer even when including Lynch your still getting the better end of the deal, Buffalo has been terrible and Lynch will be sharing with Jackson, Smith although he plays for the Lions will easily match or exceed Marshawn's numbers IMO. DeSean has started very hot but Colston is a proven player with the a arguably the best quarterback in football throwing him the ball.

Good Luck

Peace...

I had a similar situation this week with fred taylor. I offered up another RB instead or said he could opt out of the trade completely.

Its up to you, but much like the other posts, I would offer lynch or ask if he want to pull the trade. Either way you still come out of it looking good.

Thanks Guys

Running backs i could substitute in the trade.

Moreno

Ray Rice

LT

Sproles

Lynch

Of this bunch, Lynch would appear to be the odd man out correct?