Sign in to follow this  
BDuncan

Waiver wire QBs

I have Warner as my starter and took a late round gamble on Sanchez for my backup. As of now, if something happened to Warner I would be better off leaving my QB spot empty so I don't get negative points from Sanchez. That is not really important for my question, however.

Do you see any of the dark horse QBs doing anything decent this season? Just for reference, the top 2 guys on my waiver wire are Shaun Hill and Jason Campbell. Are there any other QBs that you think will win the starting job and make a significant contribution?

Anybody got Henne in your league. He has an arm and we may get to see it this week as the Fish might have to open it up to keep up with N.O.

Nope. Josh Freeman is rumored to start in Tampa after their bye week but I wouldn't expect much given the overall suckiness in all phases of the game in Tampa right now.

Shaun Hill might not be that bad of an option in an emergency. He generally doesn't turn the ball over and while he hasn't thrown for much yards he is averaging 1 TD per game. Crabtree might be the spark they need on offense to get things going through the air. Other guys that may warrant consideration if they are available in your league are Kevin Kolb (when/if McNabb goes down again), Matthew Stafford (once he and Megatron get healthy, though there are rumors that the Lions just sent an MRI of his knee injury to Dr. James Andrews, which could mean that his injury might be a little more serious than initially thought), Seneca Wallace (see McNabb), Vince Young, and Chad Henne.

Sanchez isn't going to be that bad every week. He's somewhere in between his great start and his disasterpiece theater against the Bills and Saints. Since Henne came in, I've maintained that he would be the best of this year's surprise starters and backups, since he has the best offensive line in front of him. I'd go for him if you're not comfortable with Sanchez.

I have Week 7 bye issues, and Sanchez is my backup (not comfortable starting him against OAK). I picked up Shaun Hill off the wire and will start him this week. Not expecting much, but hopefully he approaches 200 yards and 1 TD. Crabtree is good despite all the flack he has caught for the holdout, but it remains to be seen if he will start producing immediately or if he will need more time.

Chad Henne might be a good pickup because of match-ups later this year. I just don't know if he'll put up numbers against NO. I'm sure he will have to throw, but Darren Sharper is currently leading the league in interceptions.

I'd leave Campbell on the wire and go with either Hill or Henne.