Sign in to follow this  
Boston_Diablo

Time to Start 'Em and Sit 'Em for Week 9!

Couple of tough decisions this week:

QB: Rivers vs. NYG or Rothslisberger vs. DEN - Seems like a no-brainer to start Rivers, as the Giants have been lit up like a Xmas tree for three weeks running... and this is a Giants fan here... while Denver has been quite stingy against the pass. On the flip side, Rivers has been (fantasy) incosistent and the Giants (I hope) can't possibly stink that much... can they?

WR (Need 2): B Marshall vs PIT, D Hester vs Ari, A Collie vs Hou, S Smith (Car) vs. NO - Leanings towards Hester and Marshall, but am concerned with Marshall (not much the last couple of games). No glaring mismatches, so seems like a decision from the gut is warranted.

TE: I lost Cooley (don't trust he'll be back) and picked up F Davis, also have Carlson... Have been offered A Gates in a trade for S Smith... Would you do it?

So what do you guys think?

:rolleyes: :D

Tough calls: I like Rivers, Marshall and Hester. I would pull the trigger on getting Gates. Tynes was dropped in my league and is the #2 kicker, so I think I will go with him!

While Rivers has been a bit inconsistent, I don't think that b/c of his inconsistencies I would rank Roethlisberger (who can also be inconsistent) ahead of him. Because of that I can't justify starting Roethlisberger with a worse matchup over Rivers.

At WR I'd go with Marshall for sure (even though it's PIT, he's still your #1) and then maybe S.Smith. NO is likely to go up quickly on CAR leaving them with no option other than airing it out for the rest of the game and who knows, maybe this will be the week S.Smith breaks out of his funk (you said it would prob have to be a gut decision). Then again, if we're basing this simply on gut (which I suppose I am) I'd rather go with my own gut than someone elses so perhaps you should stick with Hester.

TE- I'd take that trade. It would make your WR and TE decisios much easier. A semi-struggling Gates is much more valuable than a super-struggling S.Smith. Gates might be the best value you'll get.

I like Rivers over Big Ben... Tom Brady went to denver this eyar and didn't do too much, plus the crowd will be hyped for the MNF game...I also would hold off on the TE trade to see how Fred Davis pans out... I picked him up too this week...

I would go with rivers and marshall. I would do the trade right now since SS is sell high candidate right now. I don't know how well is he going to do. Gates is good addition to your line up. and see if Malcom Floyd is available in your leauge, that will give you some depth at WR. that gives you too many SD player but you can always trade them away when they do better.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=356162